New beginnings

I rented a small two-bedroom apartment overlooking the big buildings and the busy streets of Manhattan. There's a sitting area, a small table and a kitchen big enough for me to do all the cooking I planned on doing.

My room was comfortable, I have the same view from my sitting area, it's the fact that I could see the stars at nights that did it for me, it was beautiful

I have a few job interviews lined up over this week and I'm excited to start working, I did my internship and it went well

I have a few job interviews lined up over this week and I'm excited to start working, I did my internship and it went well. I'm looking forward to this life.

I drank a glass of milk and got ready for bed, I usually have a hard time falling asleep, so I reached into my bedside drawer and pulled out my favorite wand to help put me to sleep.

I started playing with my nipples and used my left hand to rub myself through my panties, this has been my life for some years now. After Naya and I decided to keep things friendly, I never let anyone else in my life sexually. I've been using my vibrators and they get the job done.

I turned the vibrating wand on and placed it on my clit, letting out a moan, using my left hand I inserted one finger into my pussy and kept up the pace moving in and out while the vibrator works it's magic on my clitoris. I always find myself thinking about London Bascoe when I masturbate, weird but satisfying.

It's something about the way he looked at me that evening in the mall, the way he spoke to me, the way how his body looked defined, I wanted to rub my hands all over his hard body, I came and called out his name when I was coming.

It's funny, I've never heard from him since that Christmas Eve, I tried calling him twice and the phone rang once and went straight to voicemail on the two different occasions I tried him. I fell asleep from the exhaustion of coming and the thoughts in my head.

~

I woke up at 7 am, my room was still dark because of my curtains. I have an interview at a law firm in two hours so I got up and took a shower. I then made some chocolate mocha, an omelet and I drank a bottle of water to start my day.

I had other interviews tomorrow and Wednesday but the interview this morning is the one that I want the job at. Wilson's law firm was well known and once you worked there, your name will be made known in the world. I need that because I plan on opening my own law firm as soon as I've made my name.

I walked into Wilson's Law firm at 8:45 am, my apartment was only ten minutes away from here. I fit right in, I was wearing a black pencil skirt that I paired with a white long sleeve dress shirt and black pumps along with my black Michael Kors purse.

It was a big open area surrounded by glass with a reception desk and elevators.  I walked up to the receptionist and informed her of my name and interview time. She told me to take the elevator up to the seventh floor, have a seat, and listen out for my name. I was nervous but also confident.

I followed her instructions and was now sitting in a waiting area, there were magazines, a coffee, and tea area in the same room another receptionist desk but no one was there, the chairs were very comfortable and the whole room just gave off a very relaxed vibe and so I relaxed.

As soon as I relaxed I heard my name over an intercom telling me to come to the second room down the passage on my right. I was startled at the sound of my name coming from an intercom, a stern sounding male voice.

I followed the instructions I got over the intercom and was now standing in a room with three persons, two men, and a woman, sitting around a huge conference table which seats at least twenty-four persons judging by the look of it. There was a projection screen on the wall and that pretty much sums up the room, the room seems to be soundproof unless they were really quiet when I was coming in the room, and for some reason I expected the room to be glass but it was walled around the room.

"Good morning to you all, my name is Brielle Saunders as I believe you all know" I smiled.

"Good morning Ms. Saunders" please have a seat. After I was seated across from them he spoke again. "My name is Asaad King, these are my colleagues Alison Sawyers and Andreas Matterson."

"A pleasure to meet you all," I said.

"Please tell us about yourself," Ms. Sawyers said.

I am brand Brielle Saunders, I thrive on integrity. I am the type of person to go above and beyond to get the job done. I am goal-oriented and I love food."

They all laughed when I said I love food which is the truth and I decided that leaving them wanting to know more about me would be best rather than speaking any more about myself.

"Why should we hire you?" Mr. Matterson asked.

"You should hire me because of my passion for this job, I've known I wanted to be a lawyer since I was three years old, I've worked hard at school for this job and there is absolutely no way I would not succeed at something I've worked so hard for, I have the skills and I set forward to use them to the best of my abilities."

I noticed a smirk on Mr. King's face before he said the words that had me shocked.

"The job has been yours, Ms. Saunders, did you notice you're the only one sitting in the waiting area? It's usually a full house but we were impressed with your resume and qualifications and I believe I speak for us all when I say we're also impressed with the young lady in front of us. So if you'll accept, the job is yours".

It took me a minute to catch a grip, I wanted to jump across the table and hug each of them but I kept my composure.

"I am indeed honored to know this information, I thank you all so much for your interest in me and for affording me this job. I will not disappoint, I am available to start as soon as possible" I told them

I was given my contract which took me an hour to read through, after which I signed and handed it over to Mr. King.

"Thank you again, I said and I will see you tomorrow"

Tomorrow is my start date and I still can't believe how lucky I am. As soon as I stepped out of the building I did a fist pump! I walked to my car and when I got inside I phoned Ash and screamed the good news in her ear.

What I heard wasn't so good from her side of the phone. She was vomiting, I heard Jared comforting her so I hung up and sent her a text message.

Me: Feel better soon my preggers 🤗.

Fifteen minutes later ash returned my text

Ash: Bri the kid hates me 😢 I can't eat anything, this is no fun. It's not stopping me from coming next week though and congratulations on your new job, I had no doubts you'd get it.

Me: Aww bestie, the baby loves you. It's just what they do. I can't wait to see you, I miss you so much, and thanks for believing in me.