7. Mercy

She stirred, her head pounding, the smell of chloroform still lingering around her mouth. 

"Looks like you're awake." she heard someone snicker, and she opened her eyes, seeing him standing in front of her. 

"Wow, I didn't know all of y'all were dickheads." she said lazily, looking up at him from her tied up legs and hands. 

"It's been years, how are you Jae?" he asked her, making her chuckle. 

"It's Jaehwa to you, Chan. And yes, I'm doing great." she spoke, rolling her eyes. 

It was the hundredth time someone asked her that, and she was getting annoyed.

"Looks like my daughter's awake!" she heard her father's booming voice outside the room, and he walked up to her chair, before crouching down to meet her gaze. 

"I've missed you." he said, tracing his fingers over her cheek. 

Disgusted, she jutted her chin to the side, giving him a side glare. 

"What do you want?" she growled, making him chortle. 

She hated her father, more than anyone. More than Hoseok himself. But what he didn't know was, JB was alive. 

"You know what I want Yeobo, I want you to become my heiress. The heiress of the Im's." he spoke, standing up, making her scoff. 

"You wish." she spat, throwing daggers at him with her gaze. 

"No, actually, I'll just kill you. You'll be able to meet your beloved Jaebum back in heaven." he spoke, twirling his gun between his fingers. 

Smirking, she let the rope go from her wrist, before kicking the rope off her legs, slowly standing up. 

"Oh, someone's improved." her father said, looking at her as she walked up to him. 

Smirking, she looked down, before kicking him stomach, snatching the gun away from his grip. 

"Rule number one of gun handling, keep it away from your enemies reach." she said, her leg on his stomach, her gun pointed at Chan. 

"Uh-huh, I dare you to make it out here alive." he spoke, making her chuckle. 

Moving behind, she shot Chan's hand, picking the gun from his grip too, before sliding it in her jeans, pointing it at her dad, who just smirked. 

"Up, get up." she motioned, and he just obeyed. 

In one swift move, she shot him in his foot, before looking at his pain streaked face. 

"I do bad things, and I do them very well. But, I have mercy. Even for a merciless dickhead like you." she spoke. 

"You'll regret this." he seethed through gritted teeth, making her laugh. 

"Do I ever do anything that I regret, Mr. Im?" she asked, crouching down to meet his gaze. 

"Oh you will regret this." he repeated, stressing on the 'will', making Jaehwa frown. 

"I don't think so." she said again, before standing up, walking out untouched, only to hear the sound of glass being walked upon. 

Moving to the side, she kept her gun in her hold, the safety lock being removed. 

"Aish." she heard the man grumble, and she tightened the grip on her gun, not wanting to be caught. 

Getting out from her hiding place, she aimed the gun at the man, locking her gaze with his, making both of their eyes go wide. 

---