23. Neon Naui Danbi

"I believed you when you said you didn't kill Hyung." 

"W-what?" she stammered, and he nodded, guilt brimming all over his face. 

"And you just let me suffer there?" she snapped, and he looked at her, giving her a pleading look but she just scoffed. 

"That's the same exact look I gave you that day, don't you remember? Your 'Hyungs' were torturing me, and you didn't even spare me a glance. I don't even- You know what? Forget it. Nobody ever asks for my opinion, nor do you ever believe me." she said, before turning around, storming off home, bursting inside, before taking the gun from Hoshi's back pocket, making him jerk awake. 

"What the hell Jaehwa? Who are you going to kill?" he asked her, and she shook her head, tossing the gun from hand to hand. 

"I'm gonna run some practice shots. I'll be back late, don't wait for me." she said, before slamming the door shut on her way out, driving her way to her old practice hall. 

The very place where she learnt to defend herself, taught by her very own enemy. You know who she is, I don't need to remind you now, do I?

Opening the door to the huge shooting range, before closing it behind her, the air of nostalgia filling her nostrils, along with sweat and dust, making her wrinkle her nose in disgust. 

But this was her whole childhood right after her mother's death. And she couldn't forget all that. 

Handing her membership card to the guy at the reception, she walked in, putting the noise cancelling headphones on, before taking the gun out of her pocket, aiming it at the very center of the head, just like he'd taught her. 

His hands sat right on top of hers on the trigger, sending goosebumps all over her.

"Think of the dummy as someone you hate. You want to kill." he continued, and she nodded, her eyes not leaving the dummy.

"And.. aim." he whispered, and she pulled the trigger, hitting the dummy right between it's nose. 

Her imagination went rather wild, imagining his teaching, as she aimed it right in between it's nose on it's forehead. 

"And.. aim." she repeated his words, pulling the trigger for it to perfectly shoot through. 

Removing her headphones, she threw it on the floor, before dropping her head into her hands. 

Torture for 1 whole freaking month, without food, without water, and he didn't even bother. she thought, reminiscing those horrible memories, when footsteps were heard. 

"You're back here huh?" she looked up, to see Seokjin standing there with the sniper gun in his hands. 

Ignoring his words, she bent down, picking the gun off the floor before wearing her headphones on, aimlessly shooting the mannequin in front of her, finally giving up at the pain in her white knuckles, before walking over to the reception, handing them the headphones. 

She walked out, her face blank, but her mind filled with madness. 

And finally, only one thing mattered to her the most, to actually know if Hoseok ever kept his promise. 

"You gave me a ring.. I want to give you something." the 14-year-old Jaehwa pleaded Hoseok, her hands clasped together, while her mouth formed a cute pout, eyes big with an aim to imitate a puppy. 

"Oh alright. What do you want to give me?" he asked her, and she smiled, before pulling him inside a tattoo shop near the street they were on. 

"One tattoo. That's all I'm asking for." she pleaded once more, the look of horror on his face making her sad. 

"Alright, what do you want it to be?" he asked her, and she smiled cutely, before telling him. 

"Before that, promise me you'll never ever get it removed." she said, and he nodded, pinching her puffy cheeks.

"Neon naui danbi. On your collarbone." she said, making him chuckle, ruffling the little girls' hair, before seating himself on the chair, the tattoo artist ready to make his mark. 

Neon naui danbi. 

---

So? 

If you don't know what 'Neon naui danbi' means, it means 'You're my sweetheart' 

I think that should be clear for now, so, 

Sayonara!