31. Dreamt, regretted.

"Lim Jaebum?" the doctor asked, and JB stood up immediately. 

"She's awake." he said, and JB's face lit up. 

"C-can we meet her?" 

"Yes you can. But keep it down. We don't want her to be overwhelmed." he said, before walking off, JB asking Hoseok, Hoshi and Suho to follow him. 

The group went inside the room, seeing Jaehwa sitting up on her bed with a blank look on her face. 

"Jaehwa?" Hoshi asked, walking up to her, cupping her face in relief, but she looked at him with furrowed eyebrows, slapping his hands away. 

"Who are you?" she asked him, and that was when the whole world cracked underneath him. 

"I-I'll be back." he said, before walking out the hospital room, Suho following behind. 

"D-do you remember me?" JB asked her and she shook her head, before giving him a cute smile, her dimples showing. 

"Am I making new friends?" she asked them, and Hoseok was standing there in disbelief. 

This was the Jaehwa he befriended. Not the cold rude Jaehwa he witnessed a few days back. 

"Jae.. I'm y-you're brother." JB said, before slumping onto the chair next to the bed. 

"Oh? I've always wanted a brother you know." she said, making him chuckle. 

"That was because you loved me so much." 

"And who's this handsome hunk?" she asked Hoseok, making him chuckle. 

"You hated me Jae." he said, making her wave him off. 

"Let bygones be bygones." she teased, making the trio laugh. 

"Do you really not remember anything?" 

Hoseok jumped awake, looking around, his eyes landing on JB's frail body sitting beside him. 

"Any news?" he asked JB, and JB looked at him, his eyes burning with anger. 

"Hoseok, what did she ever do to you?" Jaebum asked him, and Hoseok looked at him with a confused expression. 

"I asked you something." he rasped, and Hoseok just shook his head, looking down at his feet. 

"I regret everything, JB." he said, his lip trembling. 

"I don't think you know, but I'm her brother." he said, making Hoseok's eyes widen. 

"Y-you?" he asked, and JB nodded. 

"I used to watch every time you played with my sister through my window. She used to be so happy, a huge contrast with how she was when y'all weren't there." he said, making Hoseok frown. 

"Why?" 

"Jaehwa, get inside! Now!" JB yelled, pulling her with him in the closet, closing behind them. 

The muffled yells and screams of their parents was heard, and Jaehwa shuddered, holding her brother's t-shirt in fear, when he shushed her, caressing her hair. 

"Garage again today?" he asked her, and she smiled, nodding. 

The two escaped, jumping out the window before going to the garage, pulling out the two mattresses that they kept their, lying on it before looking at the ceiling of the garage. 

"How long are we going to stay like this?" she asked him, and he shrugged. 

"Till one of them learn to control their anger." he said, and she nodded, yawning as the sleep pulled her in, but woke up to the sound of a gunshot. 

---