35. Wide open

"You killed him, didn't you?" Yeonjun seethed, holding her throat in a tight grip, making her look at him, her gasping for air. 

"I swear Yeonjun, I would neve- " 

"STOP LYING." Soobin yelled, looking at her with a menacing glare. 

"I couldn't save him that's all." she whispered, and Yeonjun scoffed, looking down at her. 

"THAT'S ALL?!" He yelled, making her flinch, looking away. 

"Taehyun, lock her in." Soobin chided, when Taehyun held her forearm, dragging her out of there, before pushing her in her room, locking it from the outside, his eyes softening at her cries, her pleads. 

He knew. He knew it wasn't her. But he was disappointed. Disappointed that she couldn't save him, and disappointed that she couldn't speak up to his Hyungs. 

For her, the only thing she labeled 'Torture' was the guilt, eating up at her. 

They didn't beat her up, they didn't do any of that, they wouldn't stoop so low. 

She was deprived of food, water, and love. 

And that's when she made it clear to herself that day. She was responsible for everything evil. It was always like that, wasn't it? But in the end, she deserved pure love. 

And two months later, she found the courage in her to sneak out the bathroom window, limping her way out of the place, trying to find her brother, or anyone. Anyone she could trust. 

For the most of it, she was hoping she'd find Hoshi, who was the group's hacker friend, and she did. 

He found her walking down the roads of Seoul, when he called out to her, catching her right on time as she fainted, his eyes widening at her surprisingly light weight. 

He ran home, with her in his arms, worry seeping through him as he sat with her all night, not getting a wink of sleep when she finally woke up, claiming to have a very bad stomach ache. 

He'd given her so much of food that day, and the way she'd devoured all of it he knew, they'd starved her. 

Getting an explanation from her wasn't hard, seeing that she was eager to tell someone, and he wanted to do something about it. 

But Jaehwa didn't let him. Her vulnerable state pained him, and that day he knew, he'd protect that little girl, no matter what. 

Jaebum was told everything. He was furious, but the pleads of Jaehwa made him want to listen to her and stay put and to this day, they'd promised not to indulge in them at all. 

She'd often have nightmares of Beomgyu's smiling face, and she'd wake up, panting at the nightmare, before going to Hoshi's room, cuddling with him instead. 

And that was the same thing that happened after they left. 

She couldn't sleep, not even one bit, and ended up cuddling with the sleeping Hoshi, his mouth wide open as soft snores filled the room, her eyes wide open too. 

"I'm sorry Gyu.. "

---