29. I'll send a hug through the moon

"I sent the rest to Jaehwa's house. How is she?" Sehun asks, walking into the hallway with Hoshi following. 

JB shakes his head, the three men's face paled. 

"Kai and Chanyeol, go home, we'll take it from here. JB, go with them." Sehun says, helping Kai up, who just nods, trying to make Chanyeol stand up but he doesn't budge. 

"I'm not leaving." he murmured, making JB sigh. 

"Chanyeol go with them, you look so sick." he says, and Chanyeol shakes his head. 

"She was with me when I fell in the lake, wasn't she? She saved Suho. She did so much for us, this is the least I can do." he says, making Kai groan. 

"Chanyeol imagine. Would she want you to look sick and sit around getting no sleep?" he asked him and he sighed, shaking his head again. 

"Then get your ass back to her house and get some sleep. Suho's having trouble sleeping. He still blames himself. Go, at least sit with him if you're not gonna sleep." Sehun said, and he nodded, pulling JB with him as they walked out the hospital, Sehun and Hoshi sitting there in distress. 

"In the end, it's all come to this." Sehun says, running a hand through his hair, when the door of the hospital opens, Hoseok walking in. 

"I-Is she alright?" he asks them, eyes bloodshot, face red, hair disheveled as if he ran his hand through it so many times. 

"Don't. Don't you dare come here." Hoshi growled, making him shake his head, looking down. 

"I-I didn't want to cause her a-any harm." he chokes, making Sehun sigh. 

"Hoseok, they're saying she won't make it." he says, and that's when all the hope he held onto, slipped through his fingers. 

It was like the sand he held onto, it eventually slipping through the gap between his fingers, in the end holding nothing but air. 

"S-she d-" he couldn't complete his sentence, when he choked on his saliva, sobs coming out his mouth. 

"Guilty aren't you? And even after everything, she chose you Hoseok." Hoshi shook his head as he spoke those words, when the doctor came rushing up to them. 

"Who's family here?" he asked, and Hoshi stood up. 

"Her brother just left, I'm the closest family she has." he says, and the doctor smiles. 

"She's showing signs of recovery. Though no movements, you can go see her. One at a time." he said, before walking away. 

Hoshi smiled. For the first time in 48 hours, he smiled, before running, running as fast as he could down the hallway to her room, when he opened it slowly, seeing her frail body on the hospital bed. 

His heart shattered at her sight, and small tears cascaded down his cheeks. 

"Y-You're fine, my Jaehwa's fine." he reassured himself, as he sat down on the chair beside the bed, before taking her cold hand in his warm ones, placing a small kiss on it. 

"Wake up soon, we all miss you. Suho, Chanyeol and JB are getting zero sleep. Wake up soon. I-I miss my little bundle of joy." he whispered, caressing her hair, her steady breathing calming him down. 

"Can you hear me? If you can, then I love you so much. Not like that, of course not, you're like my baby sister. I love you because you're this little lost kid who has nothing to lean on, and I love you as my sister because I want you to lean on me when you can't lean on anyone. Call out my name, and I'll send you a hug through the moon." he said softly. 

She could hear him. She could hear him very faintly, but those very words reached her ears. 

Call out my name, and I'll send you a hug through the moon. 

She so badly wanted to get up, pull him in a tight hug and cry on his shoulder, telling him all that she never told him till date. 

But she couldn't. 

"I'll go now, wake up soon sis." he said, placing a last kiss on her hand, before walking out the room, leaning on the wall, letting out all the sobs he'd been holding in. 

She wasn't waking up soon, he knew that. He could see right through the tight-lipped smile the doctor sent him, he knew he was asking them to meet her because she might not make it. 

"Hoshi, I'm going in." Sehun said, and he nodded, as Sehun went inside. 

"Hey.. " he whispered, slipping into the chair, before looking at Jaehwa. 

"I-I don't know if you can hear me but, the past few days? You've become really important to us. I don't know how, or why, but I have this strong intuition to want to hold you close and protect you. Maybe it's like Hoshi said, you're like my baby sister." he said, slowly taking her hand in his.

She wanted to hug the whole of Exo. They showered her with so much protection, she couldn't ask for more. 

"Y-you're so fragile, Jaehwa. Don't leave us, you're like a tiny light that's holding all of us together. Wake up soon, Jae." he said, before caressing her pale cheeks, walking out in the same state as Hoshi. 

Though he didn't cry. He couldn't get himself to. It was that horrible of a feeling, and he couldn't brush it off. 

---