49. Succeeded

"I've always wondered, Jaehwa." Taehyung sauntered, tightening the rope securing Yifan's wrists together. 

"Mhm?" 

"Why did everyone assume for JB to be dead?"

JB shot Jaehwa an amused look. "Everyone was foolish those days." JB started off. "They didn't question my disappearance, and declared me dead. And it all went just as we'd planned for it to go."

Taehyung nodded, and just then, the gate to the front of the house burst open, Yeonjun, Soobin and Taehyun entering with guns tucked into their pockets.

Jaehwa didn't fail to notice the flicker of fear in Taehyun's eyes as his eyes scanned the premises and Kris' tied up form.

"Hey guys." Jaehwa gave them a saccharine smile, before aiming her gun at Taehyun, JB and Taehyung aiming at the other two.

"Woah woah, this straight-forward huh?" Soobin asked, raising his hands up and Jaehwa merely chuckled.

"Spill." she directed towards Taehyun, giving him a hard glare which he gladly returned.

"You fell for my trap, Jaehwa." he said simply, smirking at her.

She didn't waste time in catching onto what he was trying to imply.

"You're such an idiot, you know that? We've got everyone round up right here, right now. I can just finish you all off right now." she ranted, and he scoffed, "Do it."

The door to the house where Mr and Mrs. Kang were, burst open, revealing a masked Hoseok and Minho lunging the couple out front.

Hoseok's glare hardened at Taehyun's sight, and he grumbled something about restraining Minho under his breath, just as Minho let the tied up Mrs. Kang fall to the ground as he lunged at Kris.

"Hoseok caught hold of Minho's forearm with his free hand, as Minho fired obscenities directed towards the tied up Wu.

"I want all of you all to freaking speak." Jaehwa announced, ripping the three men of their weapons and tucking them in her own pockets. 

She went to Kris, removing the gag from his mouth and Minho followed suit for the old couple.

"I want truth. In all honesty, death can be evitable." she spoke, and then nodded for Taehyun to go on.

"What? You think I'm just gonna stand there waiting for you to run away and then I'd have to dig deeper to find out what the hell is going on? This ain't no Wattpad fanfic for me to do all of that." she spat, and Taehyun's jaw clenched.

"I had you right under my radar." he started off. "Your father was my father's main rival and you were the reason we were left to fend for." his gaze hardened as he spoke.

"Your father always fought with your mom." Mr. Kang started from behind, and then chuckled. "And Hoseok here got our job done without even knowing he was helping us out."

Hoseok's jaw clenched at the memory, his eyes tearing from the ground to the man.

"We wanted to strip you of your family one by one. Rip you to shreds. Leave you just the way you left us after winning."

"Well guess what?" Jaehwa called out, "You succeeded."

---

I'm 7 days late, and I know it.