39. Solace

"No." Hoseok growled, standing up. 

"Do you know how dangerous that can be?" he seethed, his gaze mainly on Jaehwa. 

"I do. Doesn't mean we can't. Taehyung and Jungkook told me the eta from here is only 15 minutes." she said, looking at the two mentioned males. 

"Hide things in plain sight. Something dad always taught us." she said, and Hoseok sighed, pulling her by the forearm, before pushing her into the kitchen, looking at her with menacing eyes. 

"You can't do this. You don't know what people are planning out there." he said, making her chuckle, it seeming just as bitter as it originally was. 

"Don't go acting as if you care." she let out softly, looking away, when he moved closer, holding her chin. 

"I do. I do care." 

"You're hurting me. You're pulling my heart out onto the floor and walking all over it." she said, her thoughts reminiscing the very day they met each other after they split up. 

"I'm hurting you? Wow Jaehwa, you have some nerve." he snarled, looking past her. 

"See what I mean? One second you say you care, the other you go all cold and angry." she said, and he let go of her, walking out the kitchen. 

That moment could be explained so simply. It was only one thing. 

Silent tears. 

Silent tears that sought solace on it's own. 

---

Tiny update! Wanna let y'all know I'm back! 

~Viola :)