14. Fun

"Who sent you here?" she asked him, crouching down to meet his gaze. 

The said man smirked, his eyes lingering on her for a second before he looked away, the smirk not vanishing. 

"I won't ask you again. Who the hell sent you, and how do you know me?" she asked him, her eyes not leaving him. 

"Oh you don't know me." he stated, giving her a lop sided smile, while she just smirked. 

"I've spoken. I'll let my gun speak for me." she said, taking her gun and pointing it at him. 

"If you think I'm scared of you shooting me, then you're wrong. I know for a fact that you won't shoot." he said smiling, and she chuckled, returning the icy glare he was giving her. 

"Then you clearly don't know me, Daniel." she said smirking, shooting his foot, making him growl in pain. 

"Kang Daniel, Aespa's head spy, leader's boyfriend, you think I don't know you? I tested your confidence level, that's all." she said shrugging, making him scowl. 

"If Karina knows what you're doing, she'll kill you." he seethed, making her laugh. 

"Let's test that, shall we now?" she said, taking the phone from Hoshi, dialing a number and putting it on speaker. 

"Karina! Kill these people! They've kept me in hostage! They shot me!" he started wailing when the phone was received, making her chuckle from the other end. 

"You think I'll help someone who's really weak? I'd rather be at home, than be in your position. She's our enemy Daniel. I'm sorry." she said, making Jaehwa smirk. 

His face was holding an expression of pure horror. He started looking at the phone, then at Jaehwa, who was holding a smug smile on her face. 

"Enjoy your stay in hell." she said, before shooting his head, his head instantly hanging as the soul leaves his body. 

"Boy, that was sweet." Hoshi commented, fist bumping Jaehwa as they walked out the dungeon, leaving the dead Daniel on the floor. 

"Well, that's how we roll." she said winking, making him chuckle. 

They sat on the couch, both of their phones connected to the laptop as they started doing more digging from their files, when his phone started ringing. 

The caller Id was clear: Bangtan

"Pick it up, on speaker." she whispered, and he nodded, before picking it up and placing it on speaker. 

"Hoshi speaking, who is this?" he spoke, looking at Jaehwa who was looking at the phone curiously. 

"Hoshi, we're Bangtan. We wanted to have a word with you." he said, and Hoshi gave out a fake sigh, making Jaehwa grin.

"Who do I owe this pleasure for?" he asked them amusingly, and Hoseok chuckled.

"Well, we wanted to know your loyalty for Jaehwa." Hoseok said, and Hoshi scoffed mischeviously, Jaehwa close to bursting into laughter.

"What? Now you're asking me to join your group? Jaehwa pays me more than any other leader does, and she deems me loyal." he told them, Jaehwa nodding, clapping her hands silently with a proud look on her face.

"What if we promise you more money than she pays you? Along with the protection from her. You see, we find all her information very important, and you're going to be of great help." Jin mused, making Hoshi look at Jaehwa. 

"Do it." she mouthed, and he nodded.

"What do you mean?" Hoshi asked, and Hoseok responded, "We'll pay you better, we'll protect you from her. All we need is inside info you have on her, and your hacking skills." he finished.

"And you're telling me I should trust you? Believe me, you don't know the number of people she's killed only because of them trusting her a little too much." he said, just as Jaehwa told him to.

"Look, we really need your help. We aren't the kind to go back on our word." he said, and Hoshi sighed, ironically holding a smirk on his face, similar to the one on Jaehwa's

"Fine." he gave in, making Jaehwa smugly pat his back.

"Now you don't have to quit. You have to give us insights on what she does everyday. We expect you to stay loyal to us. If not, then I assume you already know what's gonna happen." 

"I keep my word at all times boss." Hoshi said, saluting to the Jaehwa next to him.

"Welcome to the team Hoshi." Jungkook said, before hanging up. 

"Well then Mr. Kwon Soon-Young, let's see if you can play both sides." Jaehwa mused, makiing the two burst in laughter. 

This was gonna be fun.

---