26. Critical

"JAE!" Hoshi ran, catching her right on time, while Sehun shot Jang Hwan, him holding her close like his life depended on it. 

"Stay with me, you're alright. Come on, you're alright, open your eyes. Jaehwa.. " he mumbled incoherently, as they placed her inside the car, driving off at an insane speed when she held his thumb, a small smile gracing her lips. 

"Suho take a right." Kris said from behind, while Hoshi's full attention was on her.

"H-Hoseok.. " she mumbled, before closing her eyes fully, making him tear up. 

"No, you're alright. You're fine, right? You're able to hear me right?" he asked her, who just laid still, her breathing becoming labored. 

"Hoshi get out of the car, I'll take her in, GO!" Suho yelled, taking her in his arms before running in the hospital, a stretcher taking her away as he slumped onto a chair, his hand running through his hair as he felt a wave of emotions hit him. 

Guilt. Fear. 

He sat there, his head in his hands while he teared up, the memory of her getting shot replaying in his head over and over again. 

"H-Hyung?" Baekhyun asked, as the 12 of them walked in, Hoshi dropping himself on a chair beside Suho. 

"It's my fault." he deadpanned, repeating the same thing into his palms.

"I-It's all my fault." he said once more, and Hoshi shook his head, holding Suho's shoulders before making him look at him. 

"It's all Bangtan's fault. Bangtan did this. They sent her here. They did this." he said, looking at everyone. 

"Bangtan? Wow, they're really asking for trouble." Sookyoung said, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"If it's really Bangtan, then we're going there. We're taking revenge. I don't care who they are or what they do, but they are responsible." Tao said from behind, and they nodded. 

"H-Hyung!" Chanyeol ran from the other side of the hallway, before standing in front of them, his hands on his knees. 

"S-she's- " he couldn't complete his words, bursting into tears as he leaned on the wall, sliding down onto the floor. 

"C-Chanyeol, what's wrong?" Suho asked, standing up, when the doctor approached them. 

"I'm assuming y'all are her family?" he asked them, his writing pad in hand. 

"Yeah, her brother isn't here." Hoshi spoke, and he nodded. 

"I need to know when her brother comes here, but just to let you know, she's in critical condition." he said, Hoshi's lip quivering in fear. 

"A-and?" Suho asked him, and he nodded, looking at his papers. 

"She narrowly escaped death. Slipped into coma because of the shock, and the bullet was really close to the diaphragm. We don't know if she'll survive." he said gravely, and that was all it took for Sehun to clench his fists in anger. 

"Thank you." Hoshi said, before sitting on the chair again. 

"C-Chanyeol? Can you stay here till her brother comes here?" Hoshi asked him, and then, all 12 pairs of eyes were on him. 

"Yeah we wanted to ask, what brother? She has a brother?" Luhan asked him and he nodded. 

"JB. He'll be here any second, and he'll be furious. I need Kai and Chanyeol to stay here. Handle him. Tell him what happened from corner to corner. And tell him not to take any action. Till then, I'll take the rest 10 of y'all with me." he said, making everyone sigh. 

"Great. She's the sister of Im Jaebum." Xiumin mumbled, pinching the bridge of his nose. 

"I'll take care. Y'all better come back alive." Chanyeol said, before standing up, taking Kai with him, while the rest dispersed. 

"Buckle up. We're going to teach those bastards a lesson." Lay spoke, Suho riding shotgun while he revved the engine. 

They were going to kick some ass. 

---

So? How do you think JB's gonna react? 

Update 2 for the day, check out '25. Blurred' before this so you don't miss out. 

Side note, if y'all are bored of waiting around, do check out 'The Hurt CEO' and 'Wrong Number' from my profile, they're complete :) 

(Coughs) shameless (coughs) self-promo xD 

Bye! 

~VH :)