45. Dumbstruck

"...I'm my mother's daughter." she smirked, the memory of the past two weeks replaying in her mind.

"Something's not right." she told Hoshi, just as Jaebum left.

"We're being watched, I told you already." he said shrugging, and she shook her head.

"That's not it. The man who came and saw me, he doesn't look like Appa's men." she said, and Hoshi looked at her.

"You think so?"

"I know so. Chan isn't that tall, Minho isn't that built, this guy was buff. Much more built than my dad's men." she said, making Hoshi rub his temples in frustration.

"Don't make me regret this." he told her, before walking out, tucking the gun in the back of his jean, his phone in his hand as he checked the surveillance.

"Jaehwa, can you hear me?" he asked through the ear piece and Jaehwa hummed.

"I've a broken leg and I can hear you." she said boredly, Hoshi rolling his eyes at her joke.

Taking a look at both sides, he started walking down the streets, his eyes following the mark the car's wheels had made.

"Should I follow the car's route?" he asks, and she hums.

"Be safe, don't take action." she told him, and he nodded to himself, jumping onto his KTM before following the track.

"How does that even pin point to any of this?" Ga-young asks her and JB chuckles.

"You see, that's where you're wrong. That one lead gave us everything we needed."

"The track lead to this very mansion, y'all were just too dumb not to set up any CCTVs or anything. I didn't even need to go inside to know what was happening." Hoshi explained, Ga-in scoffing at his words.

"Okay, you found this mansion, you saw the car lead here, and then what? You planned to come here and kill us? Is that all?"

"No, not at all." Jaehwa smirked.

"Jae, there's a car leaving. A woman." Hoshi spoke, and Jaehwa sat up.

"Follow. Now. Don't shoot, don't take any action, just go."

Hoshi got back on his bike, closely following the car as it drove out the mansion's cement walls, onto the highway.

"Why are they going to the highway?" he asked himself, before speeding up, the car taking the first exit.

"Jaehwa, are you able to see my location?"

"Yes, and I know exactly what's happening."

"Anything strike your memory? You just gave me the location to where you have everything. Appa used to take me to that place when Eomma and JB were at home. He didn't know I looked around, and I'm happy I did."

"And I used to take pictures of everything and show it to JB, him telling me everything was hidden in plain sight, and now, he knows everything."

Ga-in and Ga-young were dumbstruck. "So now what, kill us?" Ga-in asked, looking at her son boredly.

"That was my first guess. I'm giving you guys something better." she smirked, before pulling her phone out.

"Judge Choi? Hello, it's me, Jaehwa. I've a few people you can take to court today, though I think trial isn't needed, I have enough evidence to put them in prison for the rest of their lives." she eyed the two sisters scarcely.

"Alright, thank you, your honor." she hung up, before looking at JB, "Having a friend who's a judge comes pretty handy, brother."

JB chuckled, before looking at everyone.

"Time to uncover our dear father's secrets."

---

Hello!

I'm a teeny bit late aren't I?

My sincere apologies, I'm not exactly in town, and neither am I in good shape.

This is a small filler I worked on for the past 3 days cuz I don't feel that great, but yeah, this is it.

The next chapter is gonna be pretty interesting, so keep a look out.

New people who started reading and are stilll sticking around, thank you!

~Viola