28. Karma's tollbooth

"Hyung, we have new neighbors!" the 14-year-old Hoseok exclaimed happily, looking at his Jin Hyung with a sunshine smile on his face. 

"Jinjja? Ppalli, we'll go say hi." he said, grabbing his younger brother's hand, before walking over to the house, ringing on the doorbell, which was opened by a little girl, somewhere around 12. 

"Annyeong, we're your neighbors, we saw you move in yesterday, so we thought we'd say hi." Jin Hyung said, giving the little girl a wave, which she shyly returned. 

"Jae? Who's at the door kiddo?" they heard a woman speak, and her mother came and stood next to her daughter, before looking at the kids lovingly. 

"You must be Hoseok and Seokjin! I've heard so much about you from your parents." she said, and their eyebrows shot up. 

"You know our parents aunty?" 

"Of course I do, we're working along with them." she said, ushering the kids inside her house. 

"Jae, be good, okay? Start playing with them too, we might not be home much after this." her mother said, placing a small kiss on her cheek, before walking in her room. 

"Annyeong, Jaehwa imnida." she said softly, and the boys smiled at her cuteness, before stretching their hands out. 

"Hoseok imnida." Hobi said, and she smiled, taking his large hands in her small ones, before turning to Jin. 

"Seokjin imnida, you can call me Jin." he said, and she smiled widely, before shaking his hand too. 

"Will you be our friend?" Hoseok asked her with pleading eyes and she nodded, giving them two a cheeky smile. 

"You don't talk too much do you?" Jin asked her and she chuckled cutely before saying, "When you first meet me, you'll think I'm so so quiet. But then when you get to know me, you'll think why I'm never quiet. And when you know me and I'm quiet, you get worried." she explained, making the two boys smile at her warm interaction. 

"Then let's get to know one another!" 

Hoseok wiped his tears, looking at his members, before asking his Jin Hyung to continue. 

"Hoseok, are you sure?" 

"Just do it Hyung, rip it off like a bandage." 

"He killed her mother." he said, and they looked at Hoseok with an expression of pure horror. 

Sure, killing someone wasn't something that great to gush about in the Mafia world, but killing Jaehwa's mother? Now that wasn't great. 

"Why?" Namjoon asked him, and he sighed, continuing the story. 

Hobi-ah, you and Jin Oppa won't ever hurt me, right? Because you're my bestest friends, you guys better not." fourteen year old Jaehwa threatened, pulling the two boys in for a huge hug, to which they laughed heartily, carrying her off to the house.

"Okay, Jin Oppa promises." Jin spoke, before walking into the kitchen to get something.

"What about you Hobi? You promise?" she asked him, and he cheekily handed her a box, a small promise ring inside it.

"As long as I'm alive, and as long as you still have that ring with you, I promise." he said, and she chuckled, wearing the ring on her index finger, before throwing her hands around his neck. 

"Jaehwa what will you do if you get the business handed over to you?" Seokjin asked from the kitchen and she shrugged. 

"I'll handle it like a real queen, keeping in mind that I was born into all of this, that I never willingly did all of this." she said softly, and Hoseok smiled. 

"Tell you what, I'll make you a tattoo. And every time you see it whenever you feel down, it will remind you that it was never your fault that you're in this business in the first place. What do you say to that?" Hoseok asked and she nodded, clapping her hands in excitement. 

"Y-you promised her?" Jungkook asked Hoseok and he nodded, planting his face in his palms before continuing once more. 

 "Eomma she's only 15!" Hoseok cried, clutching his mother's collar while the woman only smirked. 

"And you're turning 18 soon Hobi-ah. I need you to take over. Make your own clan, make your own gang. And I need you to do this if you want success." she seethed, making him sigh. 

"And if you don't kill her, remember, the two of them will eventually get killed. Jang-Hwan's temper has crossed it's limits."  his mother said, and the next thing he knew, he was being threatened. 

And that night, was the night he made his first killing, planting himself as the Mafia boss of the Jung clan. 

"And then?" Taehyung asked slowly, wiping the tears on his cheeks. 

"And then she found out. She practically became a version of her father. Anger issues, no more of the sweet 15-year-old Jaehwa I used to know." he said softly, before looking at them. 

"Remember how I met you guys? You were the unwilling Mafia bosses of each of your own, and we formed our own Gang." Seokjin said softly, making the rest nod. 

"If it wasn't for my aunt, Jaehwa would've been a very nice friend of ours." Jin said, making them nod. 

"It's as if Karma is taking a toll on us." Hobi spoke, rubbing his palm over his tired and pale face. 

---

Double update cuz I love you guys! 

I hope you've checked out chapter no. 27 before this. 

And if I do have any ideas, I'll try adding a third update today. 

Sayonara! 

~Viola :)