32. Timely rain

"T-that day, she saw you with the gun in your hand, our mom on the floor, dead." he said, looking at Hoseok with an expression even he couldn't explain. 

"That Jaehwa you used to see that day left her. And now she's everyone's sworn enemy. All her friends have betrayed her in the past, but that's not my place to tell." 

Hoseok nodded, looking at the floor when the doctor came towards them. 

"Lim Jaebum?" he asked him and JB stood up, nodding at the man. 

"She's awake. Very critical, but conscious. She's been asking for her brother ever since she woke up." he said, and JB's face softened, before he ran to her room, slowly opening it. 

It was much more painful to see her like this, so many machines attached to her body, one particular machine going 'beep beep'.

"Jaehwa." he breathed, sitting next to her, and she gave out a weak smile, reaching out to grab his hand in hers. 

"J-jae" she breathed, small tears rolling down her cheek, her voice steady and clear. 

Because she was strong. 

"You're strong, you're not going anywhere." he said, making her chuckle, looking at him before at the door. 

"C-can you call C-chanyeol?" she asked him and he smiled, before nodding, walking out the room, the smile evergreen when it came to the Mafia leader Lim Jaebum. 

"Yeol, she's asking for you." he said, and in exactly five minutes time, the whole of Exo rushed in, standing in front of JB, Hoseok sulking behind, not knowing what to feel. 

Was he supposed to feel happy, now that she was hale and healthy? Or was he to resign to his old self, the one who only cared about himself and his Hyungs? 

"Jaehwa!" Chanyeol hummed softly, plopping himself on the chair beside her bed, when she smiled softly, reaching out to ruffle his hair, making him bend his head. 

And just like that, all of Exo smiled and laughed after hours of despair. 

"Jae, Hoseok's outside." Hoshi said, making her stop, her smile vanishing. 

"Who?" 

"Hobi." Luhan said, and her face hardened. 

"Soo, can you help me sit up?" she asked him and he nodded, placing his hand on her shoulder.

"I'll make one thing very clear with everyone in this room, right now." she said, sitting up with Sookyoung's help. 

"Bangtan will not be part of my enemy list, neither will they be my ally. I have nothing to do with them, and I don't want any of you to talk about them, at all. Especially, Jung Hoseok." she said, making them nod, the Hoseok behind the door of their room chuckling bitterly at her words. 

So this is it huh? he thought, running a hand on the tattoo on his collarbone. 

Because when she said Naun Naui Danbi, she also meant something else. You're my timely rain. 

I'm your rain, the one that doesn't give you sweet dreams. 

---

Apologies for the late update! 

I'm hoping you know how the story is revolving now, if not, comment, and I'll give you a quick recap. 

Thanks for reading! 

~VH :)