40. Up there

She whimpered at the sting in her fist, Jaebum dressing the wound up with some antiseptic, giving her side eyes every now and then. 

"Why the hell did you want to punch a punching bag senseless?" he asked her, and her breathing calmed down, sweat trickling down her forehead. 

"You know why." she said, and he shrugged, pulling her up from the floor of the gym.

"Why did you get Appa's anger issues? It should've been me." he mumbled, making Jaehwa chuckle. 

"Oh you do. It only shows when someone hurts your loved one." she says, dusting her shirt off, before walking out, him trailing behind. 

"I miss Eomma." he says softly, and Jaehwa turned around, giving him a small smile. 

"We'll go say hi then?" she says, holding his hand, and he nods, the two of them getting on their own bikes. 

"Race you there!" she says through the transmitter, before taking off. 

"Oh no fair." he whined, before catching up. 

"Yeah well, they don't call me 'Racing Queen' for nothing." 

"Show off." JB scoffed, making her giggle. 

They ride off, the sun gleaming at their helmets but no one cared. 

"We're here." she whispers, the two of them getting off, exchanging glances, the gloominess filling the air once more. 

"It's okay." he whispers this time, and she nods, walking in the graveyard, her feet taking her on its own. 

"Eomma, annyeong." she said softly, crouching down to look at the untouched stone, grazed with dust. 

JB sniffled from beside, making her pull him into a hug. 

"Ayy, don't cry. Eomma wouldn't have liked that." she teases, making him chuckle. 

"Are you doing okay up there?" JB asks the stone softly, brushing his fingers over the marble too. 

"We miss you. So so much." Jaehwa whispers, a sad smile on her face. 

"We'll pray for you. Have the time of your life up there okay?" she finishes, before the two stand up, walking out the graveyard in each other's embrace. 

Her phone rings, interrupting the peaceful silence, making her frown. 

"Hoseok." she mumbles confused, before picking up. 

"I've found them." she hears him say, her rolling her eyes. 

"Thanks, captain obvious." she says, before hanging up, shutting her phone off, looking up to see JB, but saw no one. 

"Jae?" she asked cautiously, the sunlit area being silent. 

"Lim Jaebum, don't you dare scare me." she let out once more, but no one responded, and now she was genuinely worried. 

"JAEBUM!" she called out, running over to the road, a knife to his throat. He was unconscious.

"Choi Minho I'm gonna kill you." she snarls, and the said man chuckles, looking at her with a smirk. 

"So? Long time no see eh?" 

---

Aw crap, Choi Minho's back! 

Ahaha, I'm glad y'all are loving this ff, I'm getting an overwhelming response for this one. 

Anywho, 

Stay safe and have a good one you guys!

~Viola :)