Chapter 25

A/N: Let me get something straight; the multiverse my story takes place in is not the same multiverse as DC, meaning most of the major crisis(which were exclusive to DC) never happened. However, it does take place in the same Greater Megaverse as DC, meaning DC character existing beyond the DC multiverse are still the same characters.

I see it all from the Garden of Forking Ways; behind it all...something vast and patient and terrible. What Great Darkness casts the lightning...and lights the spark that shall burn the world to its core?

This new Sam was bent over a control panel, his eyes staring blankly at the screen in front of him. For a moment, he couldn't remember what his name even was. A round of applause was sounding in the background...voices...people...he closed his eyes and concentrated on his memories."

Yo! Sam!!" A friendly hand patted his shoulder, making him jerk upright defensively, "we did it! We're seeing the beginning of the multiverse, man! We're going to be rich!! Aren't you even going to break a smile?!"

Suddenly, it all came rushing back to him; he was standing in the Control Ship. His mission was to peer upon existence through the Eye of God. The man who just put his hand on his shoulder was his trusty assistant, Dean Winchester. "Oh. Yeah." Sam forced a smile; he can't help but feel like he had been at the position was in right now already...and it didn't end well. "Sorry. I kinda zoned out. Yaaaayyy."

"Come on, man! How the hell do you zone out in the middle of a groundbreaking discovery?!" Dean sighed, "anyways, come look. It's happening right before our eyes!"

"What's happening?"

"The creation of everything, man! Have you developed Alzheimer's or what?!" Dean teased, "come look. Our drones are capturing it all right before our very eyes..." The young man was practically prancing up and down with delight as the drones zoomed in on the scene before them. This wasn't how it went last time, his conscience told him, but you've been through this before. And it didn't end well.

The drones flew into the open portal into The Beyond and through the empty void that surrounded it...he was seeing through to the beginning of the multiverse, seeing the space in which they would all be born into.

Everyone stared intently at the screen, waiting for whatever it is that would lead to the creation of their multiverse to happen. No one made a sound. No one made a peep.

Suddenly, a bulb of white light appeared in The Void, making everyone jump back slightly out of instinct. "Is that--is that us--the Multiverse I mean?" Dean asked, pointing at the bulb on their screen, "I think that's the Multiverse!"

 "Is that--is that us--the Multiverse I mean?" Dean asked, pointing at the bulb on their screen, "I think that's the Multiverse!"

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"I doubt it." Sam replied, "I don't know why. I just do."

As if on cue, another bulb of light appeared, followed by another. Soon, The Overoid was populated by millions of these bulbs, with quite possibly countless more which they just can't see...the team leaned in to get a closer look.