Hardin Chapter 6

⚠️SENSITIVE CONTENT⚠️
(Follow my Instagram Hessatextstories for more)

The sleepless night leaves me exhausted, I stand in the mirror and examine my dark circles. I look like shit, I'm pale and the bags under my eyes make me look like a skeleton. I just want to sleep but I know that the moment I shut my eyes I'll be greeted with the same recurring nightmare that I've been having for the past 10 years of my awful shitty life.

I brush my teeth and wash my face before I run some water through my hair, while I'm getting ready I find her perfume in the bathroom cabinet. For a brief moment it's as if she's here, she'll walk through the bathroom door and wrap her arm around my waist and kiss in between my shoulder blades. I would turn around and pull her close to me, I'd lift her and sit her on the counter. She would wrap her legs around me and I would rest my hands on her waist while I pulled her into a kiss, then she would giggle as I ran my hands up her thighs.

I force myself to stop thinking about her, I'll start crying if I venture into the thought of her absence. Instead I put the perfume down and leave the bathroom, I walk into our room and put on black jeans and a black shirt. I slip on my leather jacket and lace my converse, I drink one more cup of coffee making it my fourth of the day. I can't sleep..........I won't.

I grab my keys and quickly leave the apartment hoping to bump into her at work, I hope she comes to work. I know her better than anyone and she would never skip work, this is my only chance at seeing her. It's been almost two days since I've seen her beautiful angelic face and even though I have it permanently engraved in my brain I still miss her. I stop at the Rockwell Coffee house before I go to the office to buy yet another cup of coffee, at this fucking point I'm gonna die of a caffeine overdose.

I chug the large black coffee and throw the styrofoam cup away before I walk into the building, while walking to the elevator I pass Kelly's desk and see her admiring the huge diamond Steve put on her finger.

I roll my eyes.

Materialistic bitch, I can't believe I had my dick in her mouth. It wasn't even that good, it was actually awful.

I head to the elevator and press the up button.

"Morning Hardin." She says.

Bitch.

"Morning."

I face the elevator hoping that this conversation is over.

"Abby got here a few minutes ago and I sent her up to your office, since the book comes out in 2 days she wanted to meet with you about your book signing next week."

Fuck GREAT!

"Ok, thanks." I say as nicely as possible.

The elevator opens and I'm about to walk inside when I stop myself.

"Kelly, did Tessa come in today?" I try to ask normally, trying to hide my desperation.

"No, I think she called in sick."

Sadness slowly seeps inside me, I walk into the elevator and press the button for our floor. I get off and walk into our hallway, I pass her door. I stop and lightly knock, I know she's not in here but I knock just incase Kelly didn't see her come in. There's no answer, I try to open it but it's locked. I sigh before I walk to my office, I reach for my keys to unlock the door but's it's already open, Abby. I walk inside and see Abby sitting at my desk, I close the door behind me.

"Hey Hardin, I brought you a coffee." Abby says with an obnoxious smile.

More coffee, I walk towards her and take the cup. I look inside and see cream and sugar, ew. I place the cup on my desk, she walks around from behind my desk and stands in front of me. She's wearing this ugly skin tight dress, it doesn't flatter her body at all with these black heels. Abby is skinny, she has no curves and no ass. The only thing she has going for her is that she has boobs, her body is disproportionate but she has nice eyes , their brown but their nice. She has ginger hair and freckles, she's not horrible looking but she's nothing compared to Tessa. Tessa has this beauty that at quick glance you don't notice but the longer you look at her the more you notice that she's absolutely gorgeous. Her eyes are the first thing you notice about my darling Tessa, her eyes full of wonder and hope pull you in and her hair................god I love her hair..........it's like no blond I've ever seen......it's like specks of sunlight shine through and when she moves her hair moves with her. It's her face and her dimples, the small almost transparent freckles on the bridge of her nose........her rosy lips and her red cheeks. I get lost in the thought of her.