Tessa Chapter 59

( I'm back <3 )

(Earlier Today)

I didn't wanna come into work today, I wanted to spend the day with Hardin and my mom and just enjoy the time with her. I don't have much time left with her before I leave and I hadn't told her that I got the job offer in Paris yet, but Hardin told her and now my mother is heartbroken.

To be fair he didn't know that I hadn't told her, but some part of me; the fucked up part that still never truly forgave Hardin for the bet makes me believe that he told her on purpose just because he was mad. I know he doesn't want me to go to Paris and he definitely doesn't wanna go either, its just so hard for me not to feel selfish. I love Hardin with every ounce of my soul but, I need to start doing things for me.

I look out the window as the car that Steve sent for me speeds through traffic.

Ever since I found Hardins book something within me shifted, I realized something that I never saw before and it has changed me. I know that Hardin loves me, no one has ever shown me the kindness and compassion that he has. But when I picked up that book and read the things he wrote about me it made me realize that no matter how much Hardin loves me, he will always let himself get in the way.

Hardin is his own villain, he is his biggest enemy. And that book made me realize he isn't afraid to take me down with him.

And I can't keep both of us afloat, not while he's pulling us down under.

So yes maybe accepting the job in Paris was selfish, and yes I know that it will make my life harder. But if he loves me he will follow me, and if he doesn't then the only person he will sink is himself.

And I'm tired of being the only one trying to keep us together.

...

I walk into the office and feel powerful, I'll admit this outfit is business sexy and I love it. As I walk I get many looks and wandering eyes, it feel wrong but good.

I walk into my office and see that Steve left boxes in here for me, I take off my jacket and put my bag down before I start packing up my desk into boxes.

...

I hear a knock at the door.

"Come on."

The door open and Chris walks in.

"Hey stranger." He says with a smile.

"Chris, I feel like I haven't seen you in a year." I playfully say.

He leans in for a hug which was a bit unexpected.

"What are you doing here? Christmas Eve is tomorrow." I question.

"Oh I just had some paper work to do." He says.

My phone rings and I see Hardins name flash on the screen. I ignore the first two calls and answer the third because I know he won't stop.

"Tessa? Where are you?" He asks worried.

"I'm still in my office, I'm packing up my stuff."

"Well are you gonna be home soon?" He asks.

Chris hands me a stack of papers that nearly fall off my desk.

"Yeah, thanks Chris." I laugh.

"Hardin I can't talk right now, I'll be home in a hour."

"Who's in there with you?" He demand.

I sigh.

"Hardin we aren't doing this, good bye."