Hardin Chapter 56

I'm super busy but at last here is a new chapter

Follow my Instagram Hessatextstories for more

⚠️

We walk down the streets of New York hand in hand, she skips while we walk. I'm happy to see her smiling again, this past week has been rough.

"Ooo Hardin look, Macys put up the holiday decorations in the window." Her face lights up.

She points to the window, I look over and see a Santa statue next to a Christmas tree.

We stop walking and she clings to my arm while she stares at the window, she smiles so bright. She looks at me and gets on her tippy toes, she leans in and kisses my cheek.

"Come on, let's go inside and look around." She grabs my arm and pulls me into the store, holiday music and candy canes.......children running and mothers scolding......paper snowflakes and tinsel.

Jesus.

"Babe? You ok?" She asks.

I look at Tess and see that she's worried.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just adjusting to all this." I tell her.

"Oh......well we can go some else if this is all too much?" She suggests.

"No, it's fine."

She smiles.

"Let's go check the home interior section, I'm sure there's decorations." She says.

"Ok."

She takes my hand and we walk around the store.

...

"So? What should we get your mum?" I ask her.

"I don't know, I wanna get her something nice. She's done so much for me, she always has. She always made sure I had the best and I just wish....." She closes her eyes and smile before she opens them "I just wish I could pay her back, show her how thankful I am. I know it's silly." She quickly add.

"It's not silly, not even a little bit. We should get her something nice, really nice."

"Yeah, too bad she's stubborn. God is my mother the most stubborn woman, she hates gifts and she doesn't like when people spend on her." She chews on the inside of her cheek.

She looks at the ground like she's thinking.

I just admire her because she is just so god damn gorgeous, I love how much she over thinks and when she gets lost in her head and gazes away.

"Now I know where you get it from bunny."

She looks up at me and scrunches her eyebrows.

"Get what from?" She crosses her arms and I try my best not to laugh at her "tough face".

"All your stubbornness comes for your mum."

"I'm not stubborn." She says defensively.

"Yes you are darling, but don't worry.......I find it sexy." I pull her hips in and kiss her exposed collarbone, she giggles and makes the most beautiful sound. Only now do I realize she's not wearing a bra, I look back up at her and see that vixen smile she gives.

"No bra Theresa?"

She scrunches her nose which causes her glasses to slide down her nose a bit giving her this wonderful playful look, she only ever wears her glasses when we are home or when she's reading in bed at night. She always waits for me to fall asleep before she reads but sometimes I'm awake and I just listen her, I listen as she tries to conceal her laughs as she finds wonder between each pages because she's just so selfless she doesn't want to wake me. But god is she lovely, I wish I had other words to describe her but lovely and delicate and gentle will never do her justice, never.