Hardin Chapter 48

⚠️SENSITIVE ~ TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️
(Follow my Instagram Hessatextstories for more)

I didn't think the night would go this horrible, I should have know that Becca wouldn't keep her mouth shut. That bitch has had it out for me ever since I got adopted into that stupid family, I don't even know what I did to her. Clifford was never an issue, he actually was nice but I was always an asshole. Sometimes I feel bad that I was such a dick to him, but it was just how I protected myself.

It's just so hard to see her like this, she's all over the place throwing mixed signals at me everywhere. I know what she's keeping from me is something big, and I know it's something I did.  This whole pulling me close and pushing me away thing is too much for me and I know that as long as she keeps this secret things aren't going to get better for us, and I can't stand seeing her like this anymore.

...

The whole car ride she just stays silent and stares out the window.

"Tess?"

"Yeah?" She says quietly.

"Nothing she said was true, you know that right?"

She doesn't answer for a few minutes.

"I know."

"She's just jealous." I reassure her.

"I know, that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt to hear. Sometimes I feel like I'm not enough for you." She whispers.

What?

I look at her and see her sad face as she picks at her nails.

"Tess are you joking, you're more than enough. You're so damn good, too good for me. I don't deserve you, so I don't want you to ever think that again. Okay?"

She doesn't say anything, I stop the car and look at her.

"Tess?"

She doesn't even look at me.

"Theresa."

"I know, I just.........sometimes I just get a bit insecure when it comes to things like that."

"You shouldn't, Tess I love everything about you."

"I know you do, but sometimes I just get nervous ."

"Nervous about what?" I ask her.

"That I'll never be enough for you Hardin." She sniffles.

I look at the beautiful girl doubt every aspect of herself that I love.

"Tessa everything that Becca said about you are the reasons I love you, I love that you aren't stuck up and snobby and I love your parents because when we are with them I feel at home. And I love that you're independent and how responsible you are, and how you don't care about materialistic items. You're perfect baby, don't let her get in your beautiful head."

She looks at me and faintly smiles.

"Can we go home?" She asks gently.
"I'm tired and my feet hurt, I just wanna shower and eat something." She says faintly.

I nod my head before I merge back on the road.

...

After a 20 minute drive, we finally made it back to the apartment.

"We're home baby."

I unbuckle my seatbelt and take the keys out.

"Tess?"

I look over and see she fell asleep, such a baby.

I smile at her before I get out of the car and walk around to her door, I open it and lean into the car. I take her seatbelt off before I gently pick her up and pull her close to my chest, I close the door before we walk into the building.