Hardin Chapter 14

(Follow my Instagram Hessatextstories for more)

I can't believe that just happened, she.............she found the book..........she's never gonna forgive me..............not after this.

I should have never written that fucking book, but I just need her to read the full book. I need her to understand why I wrote the book, I wrote it for her. I know I should have asked, I should have told her before I even considered publishing it.

What the hell am I supposed to do now? She's never gonna forgive me, she's never gonna talk to me again.

...

She........she said she hopes I die, that she hates me.

I didn't realize her words affected me so much until I started crying like a little bitch.

Did she really mean that, she wishes I was dead.........I know I fucked up and I hurt her yet again but..........to wish I was dead. Maybe that's what I deserve.

...

I pick up the broken picture frame, I look at the picture of us through the shattered glass. I love this picture of us, I usually hate taking pictures but there something about this one. I didn't know she was taking the picture of us, I was kissing her and my eyes were closed but she took the photo and the smile on her face says more than a million words.

God I wish I could go back in time, I wish I could fix all of this.

I clean up the glass and set the photo on the table, I sit on the stool and rest my face in my hands. What am I gonna do..............maybe I should just give up.........I just keep hurting her.

No matter what I do I just end up hurting her, she's better off without me........but I'm not better off without her.

...

My phone buzzes in my pocket, I pull it out and see an unknown number. Usually I wouldn't answer but what if it's Tessa........maybe her phone died.

I quickly answer.

"Tessa?"

"No, Hardin it's me."

Sam? What the fuck?

"Sam?"

"Yeah, Hardin I need help."

Her little voice cracks over the line.

"Sam aren't you supposed to be with you father and Kelly?" I ask.

"No, I'm at the airport alone. It's a long story, can you come get me? I'm hiding in the bathroom because there's this creepy guy outside, I'm scared." She cries into the phone.

I feel something shift inside me.

"Sam stay right there, I'm coming. What airport are you at?" I ask.

I grab my keys from the floor and grab my wallet from the table before I run out the door.

"Um.......I don't know, I think JFK."

I hear her sniffle over the line.

"Ok Sam, stay in the bathroom. I'll be right there."

"Ok."

I hang up the phone and slide it into my pocket before I run outside and get in my car, I'm not even thinking right now. All I know is that I have to get to her quickly.

...

I park my car in front of the airport and run inside.

"Sir..........SIR!" A security guard yells.