Tessa Chapter 25

⚠️SENSITIVE CONTENT⚠️

(Follow my Instagram Hessatextstories for more)

Next morning.

...

Hardin puts our bags in his car while I say good bye to my parents, they pull me into their arms and give me a big hug.

"I love you guys."

I slowly pull away.

"We love you more sweetheart, I already miss you." My mother says with tears.

"I'm right here mommy, and you'll see me soon."

"That reminds me, what are you two doing for Christmas?" She asks.

I hadn't even thought about Christmas, I didn't even think we would be together. I have to ask him what he wants to do, of course I would love to come spend Christmas here but I don't wanna make plans without talking to him first.

"I'm not sure yet. I'll talk to Hardin and see what he wants to do."

"Ok, what about your birthday? You're turning 19."

Gosh, I haven't even had a second to think about anything yet.

"I don't know."

I feel him come up behind me, he places his hand on my lower back.

"Well you two kids drive safe, call me as soon as you get there." My mother insists.

"I will."

They pull me in for one last hug.

"Ok, you guys better go before you catch traffic." She says.

I kiss her and fathers cheek before I take Hardins hand we walk to his car, I wave at them before I look at Hardin and he smiles.

"We'll come visit soon." He says.

"Really?"

"Yeah, you're parents aren't so bad. Plus this town in nice, a nice place to settle down don't you think?"

Did he just ask if I want to move here?

I smile.

"Yeah, it is a nice place to settle." I say.

We walk towards his car when suddenly I remember that I left something in mine.

"Oh wait, I wanna grab something in my car before we go."

"Ok."

I let go of his hand and run over to my car, luckily I never lock the doors so I don't need the keys. I open the door and grab the Polaroid picture I have of Jerry from my glove box, I smile before I close the door and run back over to Hardin. He puts his arm around me and slides his other hand in his pocket, he looks down at my hands.

"What's that love?"

"It's Jerry, I took it on my old camera."

I show him the picture and he smiles before he kisses my cheek, he opens the car door for me. I wave goodbye to my parents one last time before I get inside and he closes the door, I put on my seatbelt before I admire the picture. I quickly bring the picture to my lips and kiss it before I grab my purse and slide the picture in my wallet. Hardin gets in and closes his door, he looks over at me.

"Is everything ok?" He asks.

"Yup, perfect."

He smiles before he puts on his seatbelt and starts the car.

It's 9 am, we wanted to leave early so we could beat traffic and hopefully not catch snow but by the looks of the sky I can tell that we should have gotten up sooner. He slowly pulls away and my childhood home becomes smaller and smaller until it disappears in the distance.