Hardin Chapter 54

(Follow my Instagram Hessatextstories for more)

I look at the note and my fist closes crushing the paper, I look up at my girl and see the fear and pain behind her eyes as her cheeks glisten with tears.

"Baby.........everything is gonna be ok." I say shakily.

"I..............hhh........" Her mouth is open but nothing comes out.

I crumple up the paper and throw it on the ground, I place my hands on her face and graze my thumbs over her cheeks.

"Tessa I know you're scared but I swear to you, I will not let anything happen to you."

Her bottom lip trembles.

"How does he know where we live?" She asks.

Fuck.

"I.......I don't know." I answer truthfully.

I can see she's starting to panic.

"Hardin I.........."

"Breathe baby, everything will be fine."

"Hardin he knows where we live.........he's gonna come here.......and I......if he hurts you I won't be able to...."

"Stop Tess......I promise everything will be fine."

She shakes her head, she looks over at the broken glass.

"I'm sorry about the mess." She whispers.

"Don't apologize, it's fine......I'll clean it."

"No, let me."

She tries to stand up but I hold her in place.

"No, just try to relax. I'll clean, you just stay here and take deep breaths."

I stand up and slowly back away, I make sure not to step in the glass. I grab a tissue from the kitchen and walk back over to her, I wipe her cheeks and under her eyes.

"Than.....k y......ou." She mumbles in broken gasps as she's tries to take deep breaths.

I nod my head, I just admire her. I know she's very worked up and upset and I'm beyond furious that her piece of shit rapist ex boyfriend decided to say something........but she just looks so cute with pink cheeks.

In an instant her phone starts to ring in the kitchen, she turns her head.

"It's ok Tess, I'll get it."

I stand up and walk to her phone, it's an unknown number, I answer.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Hi, this is Dr. Lyle at planned parenthood."

The phone nearly falls from my hand and my blood runs cold, I hold my breath and my hands go sweaty. I look at Tessa.

"Excuse me?" I say with a troubled tone.

"I'm sorry do we have the wrong number? Is this Tessa Young's phone? We heard she changed her number and we've been trying to get a hold of her for a few weeks now, she's missed her last birth control vaccination and w........."

Fuck................fuck.

"How............how many weeks?" I ask.

"It says here almost a month, who may I ask am I speaking to?" The doctor asks.

"Her boyfriend, she's unable to get to the phone."

"Oh? Well tell Miss. Young I have her scheduled today at 5 for her vaccination, if she has had un protected sex this past month then there is a high chance of pregnancy. We will run a test when she gets here."