Hardin Chapter 18

(Follow my Instagram Hessatextstories for more)

Before

...

Once Kim left I sat here and wondered what she meant by "someone else will"? No one could ever love Tessa the way I do, no one. And I refuse to let anyone else have her, she's mine.

I quickly get up and ran to the bathroom, I showered and once I was done I shaved my face.

I didn't know what to wear, Tessas family is very old fashion and a part of me knew that black jeans and a shirt wasn't exactly Thanksgiving attire. Tessa mentioned that her uncle and aunt were gonna be there and I haven't met them yet. I decided to wear black dress pants and a black turtle neck, I put on a belt and my jean jacket before I put on my converse. I slicked my hair back and shook my head, all the hair fell in place. The last thing I did was spray the cologne that drives Tessa crazy, I packed a night bag and left.

On the drive I stoped to buy some roses and a bottle of champagne, showing up is back enough so I didn't want to come empty handed.

...

After

...

I lightly knock on the door. I wait a few seconds until the door opens, she looks at me and I look at her.

God she looks absolutely gorgeous, I don't even know what to say to her. I can't form words.

"I missed you." Is all I mange to say.

"You're............you're here." She says.

"Yes, I would have called but............you're not one to answer my calls."

"Tessie who's at the door............oh my goodness, Hardin." Her mother says excitedly.

"Hi Mrs. Young, Happy Thanksgiving."

"Happy Thanksgiving dear, come inside it's freezing." She says.

I walk inside and close the door behind me, I hand the bottle of champagne to her mother.

"For you Mrs. Young."

I turn to Tessa and hand her the roses.

"For you darling."

She takes the flowers, she looks up at me with a nervous gaze. I can't tell what she's feeling, she gives me a nervous smile before she looks away.

"That's so sweet Hardin, but like I've said you can call me Mary. We are just so happy you were able to make it out of work."

Work?

I look at Tessa and she gives me pleading eyes, she hasn't told them.

"Uh........yeah. Work." I say.

"Well you made it just in time, we are about to eat." Mary says with a smile.

"Mom, can Hardin and I have a second alone." Tessa says.

"Of course."

Her mother walks into the dinning room, I turn to Tessa.

"I'm at work?" I question.

She nervously chews on the inside of her mouth.

"Well, everyone kept asking why you weren't here and I didn't wanna tell them we broke up so I just...........I lied."

Broken up, ouch.

"You didn't tell them? Why?"

She sighs.