Hardin Chapter 46

(Follow my Instagram Hessatextstories for more)

She leaves my office with that guy, I look down at the broken necklace in my hand. I shove the chain in my pocket before I storm out of my office and walk towards Steve's office.

I open the door and see Kelly on her knees in front of Steve while she unbuttons his pants, they both look at me and Kelly jumps to her feet and buttons up her shirt.

"Hardin! Don't you knock?" Steve scolds.

"Me! You're the one getting a fucking blowjob at work."

"I'm gonna go print tomorrow's manuscripts." Kelly slips out of the office and Steve and I are left alone.

"Why the fuck did you offer Tessa that job in Paris!" I snap.

He laughs before he stands and buttons his shirt.

"Because shes brilliant and the most qualified person here for the job."

I scoff.

"She's worked here for like 3 months and she's an intern, you have people who have worked here for years. For example, that asshole Chris. I bet him and his bitch wife and kid would love to move to Paris!"

"HARDIN!"

"WHAT!"

Steve takes a breath.

"You can go with her, your position here is available in Paris. I don't know why you're making such a big deal out of this, she got the job because she deserves it. As her boyfriend you should be more supportive."

"Yeah well she decided to leave all on here own, I don't care how much money you offer her because she's not going. Give the position to someone else." I demand.

He laughs.

"I got her signed contract in the mail this morning, unless she herself comes to me and tells me that she no longer wants to proceed, the job is hers."

Stupid fucking asshole.

"So what, you're gonna make a broke college kid move across the world alone?"

He smiles before he pours himself a glass of water.

"She's not broke, have you seen Tessas back account?" He torments.

What is he talking about.

"Yes I have." I say not very confidently.

"Well I pay very well and Tessa works very hard and is here almost every day, I assume you never let her pay for anything because you're egotistical and stubborn. Tessa will be fine, not to mention that I'm helping pay for living expenses and school transfer, I'm also giving her a bonus before she moves to help her out."

I smack my hands on his desk.

"NO!" I shout.

"HARDIN! You can't hold her back just because you're scared of losing her!"

This throws me off, I take a few steps back.

"I'm not............scared." I almost whisper.

"Hardin, just go with her. The job is yours if you want it."

"I'll change her mind, you'll see. I'll show her how good life is here." I threaten.

"Holding someone back just because you're afraid she'll realize she doesn't need you is selfish, if you really love her as much you wrote in that book of yours then you'll let her go." He says.

"My book..........you don't know what you're talking about."

He stands up and grabs a stack of papers.