Tessa Chapter 35

(Follow my Instagram Hessatextstories for more )

Day 2

I mange to take a taxi to work and get there on time, I feel a bit better today. I have a light headache from all the champagne, after having some toast and coffee I feel refreshed. I actually put on some makeup and did my hair, I still feel like absolute shit and my heart hurts but I feel like I've masked my appearance well. And plus I wanted to look good incase I saw Hardin, I need to show him that I'm fine without him, even though that's very far from the truth.

I'm wearing a grey sweater dress with a white button up and black thigh high boots.

...

I make it to my office and hang my jacket on my seat before I sit down and pull out my laptop, I open my email and see that Steve has sent me one. He wants me to meet him at his office in 30 minutes, great.

I start answering some of my emails when suddenly my office door bursts open and Sam runs in.

"Tessa! Tessa!" She calls out.

I smile at her before I stand up and pull her into my arms.

"You're so tan Sam."

She giggles.

"My grandparents surprised me with a trip to Florida! We went to the beach and ate ice cream and went swimming with dolphins!" She says excitedly.

"That's great, I'm happy you had fun."

She reaches into her backpack and pulls out a gift bag and hands it to me.

"I got you something." She says with a smile.

"Aw, you didn't have to Sam."

"Just open it." She says excitedly.

I sit down at my desk and open the bag gently, I reach my hand in and pull out a pear bracelet with a gold chain.

"Their real pearls, I bought it from this little shop by the beach."

"I love it, it's beautiful."

I clasp it around my wrist before I hug Sam again.

"I got something for Hardin, is his here?"

There goes that sadness again.

"He's.........I'm not sure where he is."

"Oh, well can you give him this for me when you see him?"

She places the bag on my desk.

"Uh, why don't you just give it to him next time?" I ask.

"Cus I'm really busy, and plus now you'll have to see him." She says with an evil smile.

"What are you talking about?"

She giggles before she runs out of my office.

"Sam!"

I stand up but she's gone.

I look down at the black gift bag with Hardin's name on it, Jesus.

I sit down in my chair and close my eyes.

I promised myself that I would be strong, no more tears. I can't keep letting him have this toll on me, I have to be independent.