Tessa Chapter 15

(Follow my Instagram Hessatextstories for more)

I wake up feeling like shit, my head is pounding and my throat is dry. I slowly sit up, I'm confused as to where I am until I remember I'm at the hotel, I thought it was all an awful dream, that I would wake up in his arms.

I rub my eyes before I check my phone.

"SHIT!"

I'm late for class.

I quickly get up and look out the window, there is so much snow and it's still coming down.

Did they cancel class?

I quickly run to my laptop and open it, I check my email.

*Hello class, due to the weather I understand if some of you can't make it but class is still in session, once again I don't want anyone's safety at risk, if you can't make it that's fine.

Mr. Churn *

God he's such a good professor.

I look out the window again.

I can't just stay here all day, my thoughts will kill me. The school isn't that far a walk, I need to clear my head anyway and a walk might be good. If I hurry I can make it.

I quickly open my suitcase and start pulling out clothes, I pull out light washed jeans and a black shirt. I quickly get dressed and and put on white socks and my white trainers. I finish everything off with my black winter jacket.

I look in the mirror, messy hair and dark circles. I don't have the time or energy to deal with my appearance.

I brush my teeth quickly and put on a white beanie, I slip my laptop in my purse and grab my room key before I head out the door. I take the elevator and once I make it to the bottom floor I run out the door.

Luckily the side walks have been shoveled but there's still ice, I have to be careful. The last thing I need is to end up in the hospital.

I slowly pass the buildings, it's freezing out.

Walking was not a good idea, I just can't believe it's still snowing. I thought it would be done by now, I was so wrong.

...

20 minutes later.

...

This walk was a lot farther than I anticipated.

When I get inside the building I shake to get the snow off me, gosh I'm frozen. I run down the hallway and almost slip but I catch myself, I walk into the class and see that it's just me and four other students.

"Sorry I'm late Mr. Churn."

"Good god Tessa, you look like an icicle. Did you walk here?" He asks.

I look around I'm embarrassment.

"Yeah..........I'm ok."

I faintly smile before I take my seat, the building is heated so I take off my wet jacket and hang it on the seat next to me. I open my laptop and log into my notes for this class.

"Well Miss. Young you haven't missed much, we were just introducing our new student Brian. He's a transfer from Yale."

I look back and quickly smile before I look back at my laptop.

"Ok class."

Mr. Churn walks over to the white board and writes the word regret in big red letters.

"Regret, we all have things that we have done that we regret. Some are simple like eating someone's leftovers or not donating to charity, some are much bigger like hitting a person with your car and driving away instead of pulling over. Wether you like it or not we all have done things that we regret, would someone like to share with us some of their regrets? This is a safe judgment free zone."