Tessa Chapter 39

(Follow my Instagram Hessatextstories for more)

As Brian drives away I try to pull myself together.

"Tessa?" He says quietly.

"I'm fine, I'm used to this kinda thing. I just wanna get home...............please."

He stays quiet for the rest of the drive and I appreciate it.

I just can't believe Hardin did this, to selfishly show up after all this time and expect me to just forgive him? To bring white roses, something that's supposed to be symbolic for us.........and he decided to ruin it just like everything else. I'm just so tired, I'm tired and fed up with all of this.

...

When we make it to the apartment he parks the car.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He gently asks.

Yes.

"I............I can't."

I try to hold myself together.

"You can, holding it all in isn't good Tessa."

"I just.............this happens all the time, he always does this and I'm so tired. I know he loves me, I know he does. But if he really loved me than he wouldn't do this, he wouldn't constantly hurt me. He leaves and then comes back and tells me the same thing, he tells me he has changed and that this time will be different. And I stupidly always believe him."

I wipe my eyes.

"Sometimes we hurt the ones we love without realizing it, and sometimes we don't know how to love correctly and mistake hesitation with regret. He probably just doesn't know how to love, that doesn't mean he doesn't love you.......he just doesn't know how to love you the right way." He says.

I sniffle my nose before I wipe the last of my tears.

"It doesn't matter anymore, thanks for driving me."

I open his car door and grab my stuff before I run into the apartment lobby.

...

I quickly open the door and throw my bag to the ground, I lock the door and take off my shoe and throw it across the apartment.

"FUCK!" I scream.

I walk back over and grab my shoe to put it back on.

I hate my life so fucking much, I can't do this anymore.....I just can't.

I grab my contract from my purse and sign the dotted line, I slip the contract into a envelope and run down to the lobby and place it in the mailbox.

Fuck this.

Paris here I come here.

I'm tired of letting him affect my life like this.

I walk back up to the apartment and stare at the empty space, I need a drink. I need three drinks.

I sneeze into my arm.

I reach for my phone and text Mia.

*I changed my mind, I'll go clubbing with you guys. Can I get ready at your place?*

I send the message and quickly run to the bathroom, I need to leave this apartment before Hardin shows up here and makes me cry again. As I shove my makeup into a bag as quickly as I can my phone vibrates, I look over and see a message from Mia.

*YESSS! Come over and we can have some pregame shots and mimosas, I live in the apartment complex next to the school, I live on the top floor.*

Perfect.