Hardin Chapter 44

(Follow my Instagram Hessatextstories for more)

I bang on the door but she doesn't open it.

"Tessa!"

I bang on the door louder.

"THERESA!"

Nothing.

She doesn't answer, she just ignores me. This is so fucked up, she decided all on her own that she was gonna move across the world. She didn't even talk to me about it, she just wanted to leave me. And what am I supposed to do now, just be ok with the fact that I'm one month she's gonna be gone, that I'm never gonna see her again. I know I could go with her but I don't want to, I don't wanna go to Paris. I have a life here, we have a life here and there's no way in hell that we are going anywhere. I refuse to lose her, I'm not letting her go anywhere.

...

I walk away from the door and walk into our bedroom, I sit on the edge of the bed and stare at the wall. I'm so mad right now, I'm full of rage and anger and I'm sad and upset. I just can't believe this is fucking happening, why.......why Paris. Why now? Why does she have to leave..........why can't she see how much I need her here, she can't go to Paris......she can't.

...

I look over at my nightstand and see a picture frame with a photo of us, she looks so happy. This picture was taken before..........before she found out about the bet and before the break ups and the lies..........she used to be so happy. The more I think about it the more I realize how long it's been since I've seen her smile like that, she hasn't been this happy in a while. I haven't seen her beautiful intoxicating smile and her laugh.........I know when she's really happy because her dimples pop when she smiles..........her nose scrunches and her head falls back. This hasn't happened in weeks...........maybe..........maybe Paris will make her happy. Maybe that's why she wants to go, because she doesn't feel like she can be happy here anymore............that I can't make her happy anymore.

I'm hit with extreme sadness as the thought of her being gone hits me..........she can't actually be leaving........she can't actually be going to Paris.

...

1 Hour later.

...

I get up and leave the room, I'm calm now. I won't blow up at her, and I won't yell. I won't yell.

I walk over to the guest room and reach for the doorknob............I quickly pull away and decide to lightly knock instead.

"Tess?" I say softly.

I don't get a response.

I rest my forehead on the door.

"I just wanna talk.................not yell or scream, I promise I just wanna talk.

I hear her walk up to the door.

"Promise me again, no more yelling." She says through the door.

"I promise." I say again.

I look down and see the doorknob slowly turn, the door opens and we slowly walks out. She crosses her arm and bites the inside of her cheek while she gazes up at me and try's to look tough, she looks so cute.

"Talking only." She demands.

"I promise." I say softly.

She nods her head.

"Good, you scare me when you scream." She whispers as she walks past me.

I scare her.........I never wanted to scare her.