Hardin Chapter 24

(Follow my Instagram Hessatextstories for more)

We walk inside and the house feels empty, I never payed much attention to Jerry but occasionally I would offer him a brief moment. Now I wish I would have payed more attention, I've never seen her get so upset.........well I have but this was different. She was so heartbroken about her dog, I know he meant more to her than just a pet and it breaks my heart to see her like this.

I swear I almost died being out in the cold but I refused to go inside until she was done saying goodbye, I couldn't leave her out there alone. I just hope I don't get sick because it was fucking freezing.

...

I close the door behind us and lock it, when we walk into the house we see her parents sitting in the kitchen. We walk past the kitchen and up the stairs, when we make it back into her room she closes and locks the door as usual. She sits on the edge of her bed and sighs, I don't know if she wants me to sit down so I just stand here. She looks up at me and faintly smiles before she stands up and walks towards the bathroom.

"Tess we don't have to take a bath together if you don't want to."

She look over and stares at me, she doesn't say anything. She walks over and takes my hands before she pulls me into the bathroom.

"I need you." She mumbles.

"Ok."

We both silently strip and she fills the tub, she reaches for the soap and adds a little bit to the running water. Suds quickly form and she cuts off the water before the tub over fills, she pulls her hair out of her face and ties it up before she turns to me.

"I think the water might be a bit too hot, I wasn't paying attention. I'm sorry." Her voice cracks and the desperation in her tone kills me.

"It's alright love, you don't have to apologize."

I take her hand and help her into the tub, the water isn't unbearable. We sit down and I pull her close, I lift her and sit her in between my legs like we usually do. Instead of resting her back on my chest she brings her knees to her chest and hugs them, he back in exposed to me and I lightly trace her spine with my finger tips. She rests her chin on her knees.

I lean my back against the tub and just watch her, she has her hair in a bun but a few strands fell out. I use my fingers to trace her beauty marks she has on her back, I always found them cute. I lean in and gently place my lips on the spot on her shoulder, I wrap my arms around her waist and place my chin on her shoulder.

"I love you Daisy." I whisper.

"I love you Gatsby." She whispers back.

I kiss her shoulder again.

I reach for the loofah and grab some soap before I lightly use it to wash her back and arms. Once I'm done she leans back and rests her head on my chest, I place my hands on her inner thighs and graze them up and down slowly. She places her hands on my knees before she moves them and places them on my hands, she looks up at me and I can see her glossy eyes. I lean in and place my lips on hers, I rest my forehead on hers and look into her eyes.

"Promise me that I'll never lose you." She says.

I look at the sad girl with broken eyes and a sore heart from all the blows.

"I promise, you will never lose me. Never."

And this is something I can guarantee, I love her far too much to ever leave her.

She closes her eyes and rests her head back on my chest, I kiss the top of her head. She reaches for my arm and pulls it out of the water, she looks at my tattoos before she brings my arm towards her face and kisses it. She's never done this before but I like it, she hugs my arm and kisses my bicep.