Tessa Chapter 37

(Follow my Instagram Hessatextstories for more)

DAY 3

I spent the whole day in bed, I think I have a cold.

My body aches and my head is pounding, my nose is runny and I can't stop sneezing and coughing. I'm absolutely freezing so I'm wearing Hardin's sweatpants and one of his hoodies along with some fuzzy socks. I'm under three blankets and I attempted to turn the heat on but it's broken and I'm too scared to be alone in the apartment with the landlord to get it fixed.

...

I texted Brian and Mia to let them know I wasn't gonna be able to meet them for lunch, we all wanted to go to this pizza place by Central Park but I woke up feeling like dog shit.

I snuggled up in the couch with Hardin's pillow I brought from the room, it smells like him so much that it's the only thing making me feel better.

I'm so fucking mad and furious with him but I can't lie and say that I don't wish he was here because I do, I hate being alone.

...

After watching tv for a few hours I hear a knock at the door, I pause my show and stand up. I blow my nose into a tissue before I get up and answer the door with my blanket still wrapped around me.

"Surprise!" Mia and Brian say at the same while they hold up a pizza box.

I turn around and sneeze into my sleeve before I face them.

"You guys are so sweet, but I don't wanna get you sick." I say.

They both walk in and waltz into the kitchen, I close the door before I follow them.

"Please, I go to the hospital everyday. My immune system is stronger than diamonds." Mia says with a giggle.

Brian sets the box on the kitchen counter.

"Well unlike Mia, I'm not a kiss ass so I'm not at the hospital everyday. But my immune system is strong too."

Mia playfully slaps his arm and scolds him.

I haven't heard anything about their date but by the looks of it things went well, Brian hands me a slice before he starts to feed Mia one and she giggles. I look down and poke my slide with my fingers before I take a bite, it's really good. I look up and see Brian inch his hands closer to Mia's on the counter, he gently places his hand on top of hers and she looks up at him. They share a moment where they both just look at each other, she smiles and I can tell she's flustered by the pink in her cheeks, he grazes his thumb over the top of her hand.

I look back at my pizza and poke it again with my finger.

"We have reservations in a few minutes, we'll see you tomorrow." Brian says sweetly.

"Have fun." I say with a smile.

"Hope you feel better, maybe next time you me Hardin and Brian can go out together? Kinda like a double date?" Mia suggests.

The sudden loneliness creeps.

"Sure." Is all I say.

Brian and I shoot each other a look.

"Come on Mia, don't wanna be late." He says gently.

She smiles once more before they both leave, the door closes and I'm alone again.

I decide to just go to sleep.

I lock the door and block it with the couch before I check the windows once more just to be sure they are locked, I grab my pillow from the couch and turn off the Tv before I lock myself in the bedroom and lay in bed to sleep.