Hardin Chapter 26

(Follow my Instagram Hessatextstories for more)

I slowly slide my hand across the bed, I open my eyes and lift my head. She's not here, I slowly sit up and yawn before I stretch. I haven't slept this well in a while, I didn't even get a chance to thank her. I slowly stand up and look out the window, more fucking snow. I sometimes forget how high up we are, the people look so small.

I open the door and walk into the living room, I see Tessa sitting on the couch, she has her hair up and she's wearing my shirt. She's eating a bowl of lucky charms while she watches Adventure Time, I guess that's what happens when you fall for someone who is a literal child.

I walk up behind her and kiss her head before I walk around the couch and sit next to her, she smiles at me before she brings a spoon full of lucky charms up to my lips and shoves it on my mouth. Too much sugar. I quickly chew and swallow.

"I don't know how you can eat that, it's so sweet."

She giggles.

"The sugar is the best part."

"Yeah but it's not healthy, now you're gonna be bouncing off the walls."

She smirks.

"Not off the walls but I will be bouncing on something else."

Christ it's early.

"Theresa Lynn Young are you trying to seduce me?"

She smiles before she eats another spoon full.

I drape my arm around her shoulders and slide closer to her.

"Does your back feel better?"

I look at her and wipe milk off her chin.

"Yes, thank you baby."

She leans in and pecks my lips before she looks back at the tv.

"I'm happy you feel better." She says.

"I would feel even better if I woke up with you in my arms."

She looks at me.

"Sorry, I just wasn't tired as I didn't wanna wake up."

"It's alright darling."

She puts her bowl of cereal down before she climbs into my lap and cuddles up with me, I wrap my arms around her and kiss the top of her head.

...

"What do you feel like doing today darling?"

She looks up at me.

"Well we don't have school or work........I'm in desperate need of a haircut."

"I think your hair looks fine."

She scolds me.

"You just have to say that cus you're my boyfriend, it looks like a mop on my head."

"No it doesn't."

"It's too long and my bangs are grown out, I'm thinking about going purple. Like my whole head."

"No."

She laughs.

"Come on, I could totally pull that off."

I take her hair tie out and her hair falls to her sides, I take a few strands in between my fingers and play with them.

"I like you hair the way it is, don't color it. Please."

"I was only kidding, but I do need to get it cut because it's too long."

I look up at her and watch as her over grown bangs fall in front of her face.