Tessa Chapter 9

(Follow my Instagram Hessatextstories for more)

Next Day.

...

I hear knocking on my door.

"Tessa? It's Zach, are you ok in there? It's gonna be 1 in the afternoon." He says.

I mange to pull myself up, I sit up and sigh before I open my eyes and look at my phone. 12:45, shit. I never sleep in this late, I just feel like absolute shit today. I don't feel like doing anything today, my body aches and head hurts. I just wanna stay in bed all day and do nothing, I put my phone back down and lay down and cover my face with the blanket.

"I'm fine Zach, just go away."

That was mean.

"Ok, well I have to go to work. Are you gonna be ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Ok, I have to work a double shift so I won't be back till midnight."

"Ok, have fun."

I hear him walk away, I didn't know he worked. I thought his rich mommy and daddy payed for everything.

Whatever.

I hear the front door close, I'm happy to be alone. I feel like death, I just wanna sleep and never wake up. I'm not going to that wedding, I'm not. It's not like I have a dress or anything, it's not even worth going, I'm gonna stay in sweatpants all day and feel sorry for myself.

It's so cold, Thanksgiving is in a week and the snow only keeps piling up. I put on socks and one of Hardins hoodies, I think I took more of his clothes than mine.

I walk into the living room and make myself a cup off coffee before I sit on the couch and snuggle under a blanket, I turn on the TV and the news comes up.

"And starting on Monday New York will be hit with a category 4 snow blizzard." The news anchor says.

Shit.

Thanksgiving is on Friday so hopefully the snow isn't that bad, if I can't go to my parents what the hell am I gonna do. Zach is going to his parents and Kim and Gavin are gonna be in Florida.

Great.

I switch the channels until I find a movie, because the holidays are soon they are already playing Christmas movies. I love Christmas, my birthday is soon. I'm gonna be 19, I feel so my older. I feel like I've lived a thousand lives, I'm so exhausted and drained. I don't even feel like doing anything for my birthday. I don't wanna do anything at all.

...

I watch Miracle on 34th street and a bunch of other romantic Christmas movies that make me feel like shit, I eat a bowl of sugary cereal and cry.

...

I get a phone call from Kim but I ignore it, she's gonna ask about the wedding and try to convince me to go. I just wanna be alone today.

A few seconds later I hear a knock at the door, who even is that? I pray it's not one of Zach's friends.

"Tessa, Tessa I know you're in there. Open up." Kim says.

Kim? Why is she here.

I stand up and open the door, she smiles before she looks me up a down and her expression changes.

"Why aren't you getting ready for the wedding?"

"I'm not going." I say.

I walk back and sit on the couch, she walks into the apartment and closes the door behind her.