Hardin Chapter 12

⚠️SENSITIVE CONTENT⚠️

(Follow my Instagram Hessatextstories for more)

Once the apartment door closes I smile so hard I swear my cheeks hurt, she was here and I was finally able to sleep. Maybe everything will work out? I hope so.

I didn't expect her to say yes to dinner, I need to plan this night perfectly. This could be my last chance to win her over, to show her how much I love her. I have to make this night the best ever, this could make or break wether she takes me back.

...

I go to the fridge to see what I could make, I don't know. I haven't eaten in a while and there isn't much on here, maybe I could make something I already know she likes. She really likes steak, maybe his time I'll make mash potatoes and steak. If she's comfortable I'll even pour us some wine, or maybe champagne.

I'm not sure yet.

...

I take a shower and get dressed before I slip on shoes, she took my car so I'm gonna walk to the store to buy some stuff for tonight.

I'm about to leave the apartment when the front door opens and Tessas walks in, she has tears streaming down her face. I look down at her hand and see her holding a copy of my book.

No.

No please no.

Not now.

I forgot that came out today.

"Tessa...........just let me explain."

She throws the book at me and I duck just in time so it doesn't hit me, she then throws my keys and those hit me in the face.

The key digs into my cheek, ow.

"YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE!" She screams.

"Tessa just let me talk."

"NO! IM TIRED OF HEARING YOU TALK! I'M TIRED OF HEARING YOU TRY TO JUSTIFY ALL THE SHIT YOU DO!" Her screams are full of pain and agony.

There's no way to fix this.

"Tessa I can explain, look I wasn't trying to use..."

"USE ME!"

She lets out a laugh before more tears stream down her face.

"I JUST CANT BELIEVE THAT I WAS GONNA  CONSIDER GIVING YOU A SECOND CHANCE!................I was willing to look past the bet and the lies and...............and I was gonna forgive you for telling your fucked up friends that I was RAPED!.......But this...............I can't forgive this..........I will never forgive you for this!"

She tries to take a breath but she can't.

I take a step towards her but but she pushes away.

"DONT YOU FUCKING TOUCH ME! You disgust me, I should have let you suffer last night with that nightmare............I should have let it eat you alive!"

My heart hurts and I get upset by what she says, she knows how much I struggle.

"Tessa you don't mean that............I'm sorry about the book......it was never meant to..."

"IT WAS NEVER MEANT TO WHAT! RUIN MY LIFE!"

She runs her hands through her hair and pulls at her roots.

"The book was a........"

I want to defend myself but there's nothing I can do or say.

"A WHAT HARDIN? I'm so tired of you apologizing! YOU FUCK UP TIME AFTER TIME BUT THIS! You take my life story and profit off of it! YOU PUT MY NAME IN YOUR BOOK AND EXPOSE ME TO THE FUCKING WORLD! You ASSHOLE!"

So much is happening so fast and I can't breathe, I don't know what to say.

"I just started writing.............when I first met you I was so overwhelmed with emotions that the only thing I could do was write...........I was never gonna publish it or show anyone but...."

"BUT WHAT! You realized you could use me to make money two ways! I mean you were already pretending to love me to use me for the bet so why not use my trauma and name to make more money!"

"Tessa I WAS NEVER USING YOU! WHY CANT YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND THAT I LOVE YOU!"

I didn't intend to yell but it's so fucking frustrating that she doesn't believe that I love her.

"OH REALLY! You love me so much but every chance you get you love to hurt me! I'm tried if it! IM DONE WITH THE LIES AND THE HEARTBREAK!" She sobs.

"I never meant to break your heart, all I ever wanted to do was love you." I say.

"OH REALLY! DOES THIS SOUND LIKE LOVING SOMEONE!"

She walks across the apartment and picks up the book before she turns a few pages and starts to read.

"And that's when the blond haired girl confided in me, she told me about the night that she was raped. She told me every detail of how the blood dripped down her thighs and how the tears poured down her face, she told me how she screamed out for help and begged the universe to save her. She told me how he left bite marks all over her skin and bruises around her throat."

She drops the book and falls on her knees while she sobs, I try to walk towards her but she slaps my hands away.

"DONT TOUCH ME!" She screams.

She stands up and walks towards the front door.

"No Tessa please!"

She turns around and slaps me across the face.

Ow.

"MY PARENTS COULD READ THAT BOOK! Our co workers! THE WHOLE WORLD WILL KNOW! You just exposed me to everyone!"

"I know and I shouldn't have but I can fix this..........just let me fix this."

I try to reach for her but she backs away.

"You will never fix this and you will NEVER GET ME BACK AFTER THIS! You can fuck whoever you want! Burn down the apartment and tell everyone everything! You can stop pretending to love me! We will never get back together ever again and if I ever see you again I will expose you and your "childhood trauma" TO EVERYONE! Two can play at this twisted game you piece of shit! I hope your nightmares kill you! I hope you never find happiness and I hope that you know that you will never find another person who will love you like I do! Who will put up with your shit like me! Who will hold you while you fall apart! NO ONE! I hope it was worth it because I will FOREVER HATE YOU!"

She walks out of the apartment and slams the door.

The picture of us hanging on the wall falls on the floor and the glass shatters.