Hardin Chapter 28

(Follow my Instagram Hessatextstories for more)

I look down at the crumpled piece of paper in my hand.

*Sorry to hear about your break up, if you even need someone to talk to I'm here.

008-788-0045 ~ Brian *

I look up at here and see a worried look on her face.

"I won't repeat myself, who the fuck is Brian."

Her bottom lip quivers, she wraps her arms around me but I pull away.

"He's no one."

"No one? He's obviously someone if you have his fucking phone number hidden in your phone case!"

"Hardin it wasn't hidden, I forgot I had that in there. Please just let me explain." She begs.

"Fuck this."

I reach for my shirt and slip it back on, she jumps down from the counter and reaches for her towel and wraps it around herself.

"No Hardin please, I don't even know him. He gave me a ride........and he delivered the pizza. I didn't tell you because I didn't think this was a big deal, I don't even know him that well."

I turn and look at her.

"Wait........So you're telling me the fucking pizza boy last night is your mystery man. Let me guess, you purposely ordered pizza instead of Chinese just so you could see him?"

She sighs.

"Hardin please don't do this, please. Why do you always have to ruin everything, he's no one!"

"Don't do what? You're the one hiding shit from me!" I scream.

"And you've never hidden anything from me?" She says bluntly.

Of course, I should have known she didn't forgive me.

"You fucking bitch! You said that you forgave me! But let me guess that was just another fucking lie." I spit.

I can see the hurt flash on her face.

"Hardin.....................don't do this, please. I do forgive you, I............I don't know why I said that."

She walks up to me, she clenches her towel in one hand. She try's to place her other hand on my chest put I pull away from her.

"Don't touch me."

"Brian is no one, he's a new student in my Child Development class."

"Yeah well you told him we were broken up, maybe it should be that way. Did you tell him that so you could fuck him on the side!"

She gasps before her eyes get red and glossy.

"What are you saying! This was before I forgave you, before thanksgiving. It was snowing and I was walking, he offered me a ride. Then he gave me his number."

"Why would you keep his number? How the fuck does he know that we "broke up"?

She gets flustered.

"In class we were sharing our biggest regrets..........and I..............I said my biggest regret was falling in love because.........because you broke my heart..........but I didn't mean it.......I was confused."

I feel myself become nauseous and I want to cry.

"You regret falling in love with me?" My voice cracks.

"No..............well in the moment I did, but that was before...........you have to understand how I was feeling. I had just found out that I was used and played, of course I would feel that way."

"And you just regret falling in love with me so much that you decide to find someone else!" I scream.

"HARDIN JUST STOP!"

"And let me guess you fucked him! YOU WANTED TO FORGET FALLING IN LOVE WITH ME SO YOU FUCK SOME GUY!"

"You fucking monster! How dare you accuse me of having sex with someone else! After everything that I have fucking been through! After countless times of confessing my love for you!"

"You're the one hiding some guys number! What were you gonna do with it huh? Oh let me guess, Mia is a made up person and you have actually been texting Brian this whole time!"

She starts crying.

"Hardin what the fuck is your problem? We
were about to have this amazing moment and you're ruing it! You're accusing me of having SEX with a man I barely know and now you're accusing me of CHEATING! ARE YOU SERIOUS!"

She takes a deep breath.

"Who knows what you've been doing."
I say with hatred.

"Wow, and to think that I actually thought that we had a chance." She says in broken sobs.

"Well I thought you were faithful, let me guess you've been fucking him this whole time?"

"Hardin stop! I would never cheat on you, please you have to believe me. I love you." She cries.

"Yeah well maybe that isn't enough, this isn't working." I say.

I can literally see her heart shatter in front of me.

"What? You're.........you're breaking up with me? Are you kidding!"

I walk away and slip on my shoes, I reach for my keys and walk towards the door. She runs and steps in front of me.

"Please don't leave, please."

"Move."

"No! Hardin please you have to believe me. He's not even my friend, I forgot the number was in there."

"I don't fucking care, if you wanna fuck Brian go ahead!"

I look her up and down.

"Get dressed, you look fucking pathetic."

She looks down at herself before she looks up at me.

"Please don't go. Hardin I swear to you on my grandfather's life that I didn't sleep with Brian, I didn't know he worked at the pizza place." She whispers.

"Get out of my way, I'm sure he would appreciate your company more."

"Please, please, don't leave me." She cry's.

"All you ever do is cry and expect me to feel bad, grow the fuck up!"

She fills with rage, she wipes her face.

"All you ever do is leave! Every time something happens all you ever do is RUN AWAY! But it makes sense, the reason why you always run away is because everyone in your life left you! And now just like your mom you run away when you face a challenge!"

"You're a whore Tessa, Jerry deserved to die and I'm happy you're grandmother can't remember what an awful person you are! You're grandfather would be so disappointed in you!"

I push past her and walk out the door before I slam it behind me.