Tessa Chapter 11

⚠️TRIGGERING WORDS⚠️

(Follow my Instagram Hessatextstories for more)

I know I shouldn't, I shouldn't get in his car. All my common sense and reasoning will vanish when I'm alone with him, I have to remind myself why I'm mad. I have to remember what he did, I have to keep my walls high.

...

We walk over to his car and I have to walk slowly so I don't slip on the snow and ice, while we're walking there's just too much snow and I have to stop. He stops walking and looks at me.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"Nothing, it's just the snow. I almost slipped in these stupid heels."

I sigh in frustration.

He starts walking towards me.

"Come here." He says while he approaches me and extends his arms.

"What are you doing? I ask.

"I'm gonna carry you so you don't slip." He says.

"Oh, you really don't have to. I can mange."

"Please, the last thing we need is for you to bust your ass in the snow."

He wraps one arm around my waist and hooks the other under my knees, he picks me up with ease. I wrap my arms around his neck.

"Thank you." I say.

"Please, I would jump in front of a bullet for you. You should know I would carry you in the damn snow."

I can't help but feel my stomach flutter, I'm so easily won over.

...

Once we get to the car he helps me inside before we gets in and blasts the heat, he starts driving and the silence kills me.

"I'm not taking you back to Zach's, Tessa I can't." He says.

I know he's right, I don't feel very safe at Zach's but where else am I gonna go.

"Hardin I don't have anywhere else to go."

"You can go to Kim's." He says.

"No I can't, they leave tomorrow for their trip and I don't wanna stay at her apartment alone."

He sighs and I see him grip the steering wheel.

"Hardin, nothing will ever happen between me and Zach. I don't like him like that ok, I'll be fine."

"Tessa I don't care, Zach is a creep and he can't be trusted."

He's right, Zach is sweet but weird.

"Well where am I supposed to go?"

He hesitates.

"You could come home." He says.

God.

"Hardin you know I can't do that, I can't go back to the apartment."

"Tessa it's your apartment too, and you don't have many options. Look I know things are weird, but that doesn't mean that we don't care about each other."

He's right.

"I know, but.."

He is right, but I shouldn't go to the apartment. I know I shouldn't, but then again I want to.

"If I go, I'm not sleeping with you."

He looks at me obviously hurt.

"I wasn't assuming that we were." He says.