Tessa Chapter 7

(Follow my Instagram Hessatextstories for more)

I swear my heart stoped when I saw him, he looks awful. He looks so exhausted, he probably hasn't slept in days just like me.

I just can't stay near him because no matter how angry and hurt I am it doesn't change the fact that I wanted to kiss him so badly, I wanted to run into his arms and make him promise to never hurt me again. But I couldn't do that, I couldn't let him win. Not again.

...

Zach drives slowly while I look out the window, the only reason I went to the office was so I could pick up my manuscripts. I emailed Steve and asked if I could remote work for a few days and he said yes, usually I wouldn't ask to stay home but after the weekend I've had I need the time.

I didn't expect to see Hardin, I thought for sure that he wouldn't be at work. I just can't believe he thinks I slept with Zach, not that it's any of his business who I sleep with. I just can't believe he thinks that I would sleep with Zach, we broke up two days ago. I'm not that shallow, not to mention that having sex with anyone other than Hardin doesn't sound appealing. Even though thinking about sleeping with Hardin hurts I can't deny that those were the best moments of my life, feeling his skin on mine...............I still get goosebumps thinking about it. If I close my eyes I can imagine it like it was yesterday, I still feel his lips on my neck.

"I'm sorry." Zach says.

I open my eyes and my sweet memory drifts away.

"What?" I ask.

"I'm sorry about what happened with Hardin, I didn't know he was in your office. I just thought that you would want your phone."

I do wish Zach's timing could have been better but it's not his fault, I do wish he wouldn't have mentioned his bed. I woke up screaming last night, I had a nightmare about Nick. Zach made me tea and he was able to comfort me, the only reason my phone was in his bed was because this morning while I was getting one of his sweaters from his closet I left my phone in his bed.

"Zach it's not your fault, it's just now he thinks we slept together. It's not like I would actually sleep with you."

He stays silent.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that I just........I just got out of a relationship and I'm not...........you're a good friend and I....."

I decide to shut up before I make this worse.

"It's ok Tessa, I get it."

"No that's not what I meant Zach.........you're hot and I'm pretty sure your amazing but I....."

He starts laughing.

"If you're laughing at me I swear to god I'll push you out of the car." I tease.

He looks at me and smiles.

"So I'm hot?" He teases.

I roll my eyes.

"I'm done having this conversation."

"No no, you called me hot."

"Whatever Zach."

I catch him smiling.

"Tessa I'm here as a friend, I know you still love him."

"I know, and I appreciate it. I'm just not ready for more."

"I know."

The rest of the ride is filled with small talk, I can tell he's trying to make me laugh so I don't think about what happened with Hardin.