Something New ni XtineVelax

"Something New" ni XtineVelax - 

Becky Macatangay tried to make a living out of her assortment of skills from all the part-time jobs she used to do beforeㅡevent planning. Her first shot at it came when their aunt, who was just two years older than her and her sisters, wanted her to organize a destination wedding in the super exclusive Balesin Island Club.

Everything was going smoothly according to plan until the bride's flower bouquet literally hit her and she found herself pulled by the emcees' coercing to play along with the game they programmed.

On the other hand, best man Aaron Tingcungco was just there to make his friends happy and save face after his sudden exit from the bachelor's party the week prior due to him "forgetting" to mention it to his then long-time girlfriend who caused a rather unsightly scene. Now, single, the other guys were urging him to meet someone newㅡor rather, better.

However, after the game was over, neither of them knew if the events that followed were due to the consumed alcohol, instant physical attraction, or both.

***

Becky stared at the bundle of flowers that landed on her lap after it hit her face. She blinked several times before realizing what just happened. Cheers and laughs rang in her ears as people around her clapped.

"Congratulations!" the female emcee announced in the mic. "We now have the lucky lady of the night!"

She then approached Becky who's shaking her head, not wanting to play any games using an excuse that she had other things to do. But the spotlight was already on her.

"What's your name, miss?" The emcee asked, holding the mic to her afterwards.

Defeated, Becky answered and the bride shouted from the VIP table. "Julie, be gentle. She's NBSB!"

"Oh, really? Heard that, guys? This lovely lady here is A. VAIL. A. BLE." Julie said, wriggling her eyebrows. "Let's move here, Miss Becky."

The female emcee guided her to the podium on the stage while her partner, the male emcee began speaking.

Becky was struggling to keep her composure as she saw the view from the front of the room. She felt her sight sway a little and her heart roared in her chest. Panic and anxiety were mixing and she was worried she might ruin the mood if she suddenly collapsed then and there.

So, she braced herself. It was just the beginning of her career. There was no point starting it if she cannot handle people looking at her.

"Hey, you okay?" Julie leaned closer, whispering.

"Yeah... Just nervous," Becky managed to respond.

"It's alright. I'm here. I won't embarrass you or anything. We're just gonna play one more game after this, okay?"

Becky nodded and thanked the older woman who handed her a bottle of water to drink.

"Now, for the final round!" The voice of the male emcee boomed, surprising Becky from where she stood.