Ticket to Move On ni KynLee074

Ticket to Move On ni KynLee074, winner ng Golden Ticket of Love ng WattpadRomancePH.

If there is one thing that scares employees the most aside from being fired, it is the board meeting in the Aesthetic Glam Cosmetics

If there is one thing that scares employees the most aside from being fired, it is the board meeting in the Aesthetic Glam Cosmetics. In their company, a general meeting meant brainstorming—literally. It would storm nasty comments and raging insults from the face of their company, their ever-competitive CEO, Elijah Concord. It was a time when they would buckle up, ready their hearing aids, and prepare for what seemed to be a lawsuit.

"Everyone is waiting for you, sir," the secretary said. Elijah put on his wristwatch and his signature straight face. As soon as he entered the room, tension escalated, like they were bound to get their head cut off. Some were shaking their legs under the table, a few stiffened in their seats, and others began to fidget with their pens and gadgets.

"There are no greetings for today because I am about to deliver bad news," Elijah said as he pushed the bridge of his eyeglasses and struck a glance at each one of them. "How many disappointments should I get from you before you make things perfect? Should I do your job and fire all of you?" His voice was low and firm. None of them dared to speak a single word.

"Some consumers complained after they got an allergy from our facial toner. How is that?" Elijah continued.

"According to our tests, we found phenoxyethanol and methylchloroisothiazolinone. It was manufactured in a specific warehouse. According to the investigation, someone sabotaged the manufacturing process and purposely put those chemicals," an employee said.

"Do you think I don't know that? What I want to hear is why it happened. Why didn't you secure the place when you know it is integral for our company?"

"It was probably a scheme from one of our competitors, sir," another employee said.

"I am aware of that. Now, before things get worse, give me something that's worth my time. We have to clean up this mess, bring back our good name, and minimize the damage. Do you get me?" Elijah slammed the door when he walked out. Everyone was able to exhale as if holding their breath for centuries.

A week later, Elijah was surprised to see a red envelope on his table.

"A ticket to Hawaii?" he whispered. Not long enough, he received a call from the director of the company, his grandfather.

"Grandpa. You called."

"I heard what happened. Is everything alright?"

"Everything should be alright or else I'm going to be their worst nightmare. In fact, they've been frank lately. They gave me a ticket to Hawaii. This is clearly a sign of resistance. They want me to leave."

"I think it's time for you to take a break. If you accept this vacation, it means you're going to move forward and leave the past behind. The gossip hasn't reached your ears."

"What gossip?"

"Rumor has it that you're afraid for the company to go bankrupt. You crave so much money like you don't have enough in your bank accounts. You work nonstop. It's hard to tell the difference between you and a robot."

A grin splattered on his face. "I will take that as a compliment."

When evening came, everyone went out for the company dinner. They had successfully cleared the issue and slowly brought the trust of their investors back. In the middle of their chaotic celebration, Elijah went out to smoke. That's when another gossip emerged behind his back.

"You know what? Sir Elijah was the reason I worked in this industry."

"Why?"

"Because I fell in love with him at first sight. Don't judge me. I know all of you have a crush on him."

"I'm not going to lie. He is physically attractive, but he is always in a bad mood."

"I guess he never had a girlfriend."

"I doubt he knows love at all."

"He is a beast without a Belle."

"No one will stay with his attitude."

Elijah wandered his eyes through the stars. He pulled out his wallet and stared at a photo inserted into it.

Did you hear that, my love? They said no one could stand this attitude of mine. But you did until your last breath. You loved me with all your heart. And I love you with all that's left in me.

Elijah took a few steps near a drunk man who had tears in his eyes. Elijah saw the man break up with his girlfriend at the restaurant. He grabbed his hand and put the ticket in it. "Go and move on. It's not my time yet."