A Taste of Heaven by watashiwarei

A Taste of Heaven ni watashiwarei, winner ng Di Ba Ito Ang Iyong GHOSTo? ng WattpadRomancePH

A Taste of Heaven
written by: watashiwarei

"This is the second time, Maria Christi. If this happens again, I swear to God, I will-" Leti shoved her stuff back into her bag and groaned in frustration.

How ironic. Here she goes, swearing to God while wearing a bright-white angel wings costume. Because of her sister's late-night escapades, she might have to become a fallen angel soon.

"Aalis ka na ba talaga?" A friend wearing a Sailor Moon costume asked her.

Another friend chimed in. "The fun's just about to start!"

She sighed and tiredly smiled at them. "Ya'll know I can't enjoy things like this while my sister is out there doing God knows what."

Fixing the wings from her back, she grabbed her bag and waved them goodbye.

It's such a shame. Just a moment ago, nag e-enjoy s'ya habang kasama ang mga kaibigan sa isang most awaited Halloween Party, spearheaded by one of their colleagues. Now she's strutting away like a mother cat searching for her lost kitten.

"Ingat! Baka makasalubong ka ng multo sa daan!"

"Or if you came across a devil, make sure not to fall in love, our dear angel!"

Leti shook her head and chuckled at their antics.

Like hell, I would.

When she got out of the venue, she looked around and saw a few cabs passing by. It's not too dark for a starless night - nearing dawn, because of the bright city lights so she easily found her way to a safe waiting place.

She grabbed her phone from her bag and started booking a ride. Mabuti na lang, bagong sweldo s'ya kahapon at nagagawa n'yang magliwaliw during her day offs.

After a few minutes, her ride finally came. She opened the door leading to the back seat and sighed loudly when she was seated comfortably.

"Drop off location: Adelaide Street, Jones Colosseum. Please confirm, Ma'am." The driver spoke to her.

She looked out the window and nonchalantly answered. "Yes."

The driver pursed his lips, stopping himself from smiling too much as he maneuvered the car. He stole a glance at her in the convex mirror and his eyes softened.

Leti, unaware of the eyes fixed on her, closed her eyes and massaged her temples. There was heavy traffic ahead. "And could you please drive a little faster? Thank you."

I know it's pointless but I badly want to scold my troublesome sister. That's what I wanted to do right now and nothing more.

The man from the driver's seat grabbed the clutch and raised it. He glanced at her in the mirror once more before turning his attention back to the road.