Look Up by CrabLamb

As a girl who lives with a big dream, it is my hobby to look up at the sky every end of the day

The sky is my sole inspiration to pursue my dream to be a professional writer, for I believe that it is the only thing that can look at everyone evenly.

It's fireworks festival, me and my sister were randomly looking for the perfect spot to watch the upcoming display when I accidentally lay my eyes on a stranger.

He was sitting on the bench behind the other tourists, looking up at the dark sky like the fire is already there. The reflection of the stars in his eyes makes everything so warm and I don't know why it makes me smile.

When his head averted in my direction, I immediately looked away. Thankfully the colorful explosion filled the sky to pluck everyone's attention.

I tried to distract myself by scolding my own head to look straight, to ignore the feeling that someone is staring at me from behind.

When the display ended and the other tourists are starting to leave the field, I gathered all my will power to look back. To my disappointment, the guy is already gone. Maybe he left as soon as the fireworks have settled down.

I was about to leave with my sister when I notice a paper in a bottle. It intrigued me because it was placed on the bench where I saw him sitting earlier.

I don't know where to start, but since introduction always plays a big role in first impressions, I'll start with what happened 2 years ago. I disappointed my father because I gave up my pre-med course. It was a forced degree and I thought that I'll learn to love it after a year but failed.

If you are curious about what happened to me after that, I'll humor you by saying that my computer starts to puke all my medical notes and digest all of my unfinished manuscripts. I have never finished a novel because it lacks something.

I thought it was the uniqueness of the plot, but it's beyond that. It lacks color and illumination.

That's why I came here at the park, to find the colors I'm looking for. And I'm proud to share that I successfully found it, not in the sky but in your eyes.

To the girl who helped me to finish my first novel, I'm looking forward for the next fireworks festival. I'm hoping that next year, you'll be able to look up into those fireworks with me.