Until the Last Page by softcayenne

Until the Last Page ni softcayenne, winner ng patimpalak ng WattpadRomancePH na Ripple of Unexpected Encounters

UNTIL THE LAST PAGE

by softcayenne

"Is it really possible to still love someone for years even after losing track of them for who knows how long?" Zeo asked, frowning.

"It is," I replied as I took a sip of my iced coffee.

"How, though? I can't even recall interacting with her before, contrary to what she claims. But have you seen her looks? If that happens to be true, I'm sure I would've hit on her on the spot the first time I've seen her."

I shrugged. "Maybe your memory just sucks."

"You're aware my memory never sucks when it comes to girls, aren't you?" He flashed a cheeky grin, which earned him a look of disdain from me.

"Type mo naman pala siya. Then, why are you making such a fuss? Dude, you've been complaining about your single ass for a month! Now that a potential lover appears in front of you, you're still whining like a lost pup? Tatlong araw mo na siyang bukambibig."

"I'm just confused as fuck!" he hissed.

"Tone down your voice, you idiot," sita ko dahil nagtinginan sa'min ang iba pang mga customer na naririto sa Throne Café.

"Just hard to believe she managed to love me for like what? Four years? Isn't that a bit extreme?"

"Don't underestimate her feelings, Zeo. Just because you find it absurd doesn't mean it's not real and possible. There are people out there who prefer to love someone wholeheartedly from afar. I actually salute her for finally confessing to you after four years of pining over you, considering that she might have known that you had forgotten about her existence."

He sighed. "I just don't understand how she . . . endured that. I'm not even worthy of her love."

"Sometimes, there are things you will never fully understand unless you experience them," I said as I began to fix my bag, preparing to leave for my next class.

"Have you?"

"Huh?"

"Have you experienced that, Freia? It seems you've completely understood her situation as if you were in her shoes," he pointed out.

I was taken aback by his remark. Without a word, I marched towards the glass door, not sparing a glance at him.

I felt a solid impact against my forehead, the feeling of bumping myself into a glass door. Nakarinig ako ng tawanan sa paligid ko na pinangungunahan ni Zeo. I quickly picked up my bag that fell on the floor before storming out.