Memories You Bring - Second Chance at Love by Unicorn_Haven

Memories You Bring – Second Chances ni Unicorn_Haven, winner ng Lovingly Yours, Cupid prompt-writing contest ng WattpadRomancePH

Realm of the Gods - Eros realm

Every morning Eros meets all his Angelos before sending them out to the world of mortals. His Angelos were mortals whose souls were sent over to him by Hades. They are pure souls who cannot stay in the underworld.

Eros turns the pure souls into Angelos, or what the mortals know as Cupid. Contrary to the belief of mortals, Eros hardly ever plays Cupid anymore. A God has to have some rest after all.

Every morning he meets with the Angelos to give them their mission. That day, he met with one of his most difficult Angelos. His name is Sebastian.

Sebastian is a pure soul, but he is impatient. Eros knew that he does his mission because it is his duty as an Angelos, but his heart is not on it. He is not sure how he will take his new assignment.

"Sebastian, I have a special mission for you," Eros said.

"Our job is the same every day. How can it be any more special?"

"Yes, you are supposed to pair this one with another, but what makes it different is that you need to teach this mortal to learn how to love."

"What! How am I supposed to do that?"

"That is your challenge," Eros replied.

"Why me? Why not give it to another Angelos?"

"I did. I have assigned other Angelos to this mortal, but they all failed. I think you are the right one for this mission."

"I can't say no?" Sebastian asked hopefully.

"No, you cannot," Eros said with finality.

Eros watched the conflicting emotions on Sebastian's face. He waited for him to argue, but he puffed out of the room without saying anything else. Eros sighed. Hopefully, he did the right thing in giving Sebastian this mission.

Mortal Realm

"Sophia!"

Sophia turned her head, searching for the voice that called her name. Dennis!

"Sophia..." he was panting from running after her.

"What do you want, Dennis?"

"Sophie, please change your mind. Give me a chance, please."

Sophia rolled her eyes heavenward. Dennis is one of her many suitors. She can no longer count the number of times she turned him down, but he refused to give up.

"Dennis, how many times have you asked me that. The answer is no. No matter how many times you ask, my answer will be the same."

"Sophia, I'm not him. I will not hurt you."

"That's what he said too, but look at what happened? Men are all the same, unreliable."

"Sophie..."

"Dennis, just stop, okay. I will not change my mind. I am not interested. Love is just for fools, and I'm certainly not a fool," she cut him off before he could say anything else.

Dennis had no choice but to gaze at the retreating figure of Sophia. Once more, she left him standing there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sophia was in a foul mood, and her mother noticed it.

"Sophia, is something wrong?" her mother asked.

"It's Dennis, Mom. He won't accept no."

Her mother sighed. "Sophia, Dennis loves you. Of course, he would not accept no."

"Bah! Love is for fools, Mom. It's not real. Love would only bring you pain and misery."

"Sophia, that's not true. To love and be loved is the best feeling in the world."

"Mom, if that is true, then why did Dad leave us? Why did he leave us for another woman, huh? And me, look at me! Left at the altar by the man who promised me the moon and stars."

"Oh sweetheart," tears gathered in her mother's eyes.

"I don't believe in love anymore, Mom. Only foolish people believe in love."

Her mother watched her daughter as she ran into her room. Her heart aches for her daughter, but there's nothing she can do.

Sebastian found himself porting inside a modest-looking house. He saw an older-looking woman standing with her back to him. He watched the woman as she moved about the kitchen.

This is one of the things he loved about being an Angelos. He can stand and watch people without them seeing him.

"Sophie, honey, dinner time," the woman called out.

Sebastian's heart gave a jolt hearing the name. It has been a long time since he heard that name. He gave a pained groan as a soft, musical voice answered.

"Coming, Mom."

Sebastian froze as a familiar face entered the room. He reeled in shock seeing the beautiful face he loved and adored. Sophia. The pain he felt made Sebastian stagger and fall on his knees. He immediately ported back to the realm, still on his knees.

Realm of the Gods - Eros realm

"Eros, why?"

The God of Love sighed. "Sebastian, she needs help. She lost faith in love and was too young to be cynical."