Even Physics Can't ni watashiwarei

Even Physics Can't

written by: watashiwarei

"You've got to be kidding me..."

If the universe wanted something to happen...

"Hey! Could anybody hear me!?"

...it would do the unthinkable...

"Why is this happening to me? Of all people that I could be locked up with---!"

...and will turn the world upside down.

That's what his Mom said when she told him the love story of her and his Dad.

Kaji watches the girl shouting her lungs out and sighed. He closed his eyes and leaned his head against the bookshelf.

His Mom too was locked up in this room and his Dad came to save the day. Since that moment, love bloomed between them. Kaji was experiencing the same right now.

The girl groaned. "Ugh. Matsukawa-kun must've gone home by now!"

But it's quite different this time.

She fiercely looked at him. "This is all your fault!"

He chuckled and shook his head. Somebody, smack him in the head right now. He can't be in love with this girl!

"Masaya ka pa sa nangyayari!"

He sighed. "Look. I'm not the one who bumped at the door and locked us in here."

The girl groaned in annoyance and dropped her body onto the floor near the door.

Kaji checked the time and he almost laughed.

5:00pm.

Someone will say that his wristwatch broke for not working but the truth is, he had been stuck in this exact day and time.

The clock stopped when they got locked up. They got free in no time but whenever he wakes up in the morning, everything will just repeat the things that happened yesterday.

He already knew the exact gesture of her - even the number of groans and how deep her breath will be.

Kaji glanced at the window. Hindi talaga s'ya tinatantanan ng kalawakan. Ano bang gusto nito?

"Do something!" The girl shouted at him.

Inalis n'ya ang tingin sa bintana at pinagmasdan muli ang babaeng kasama. Akari Ichinose, the student council president who had been in love with a heartbreaker bastard. She had been his rival since he started schooling and they are both regarded as geniuses. They've always been fighting for the first place - especially, in Physics.

Unexpectedly, a day came when his heart goes wild whenever he sees her. Every banter and argument they've shared - it didn't annoy him anymore but instead, he's growing more fond of her.

And now, they're in this situation. He heard from her friends that she would confess to the bastard after class but because of this incident, she can't do anything but wail on the corner.

27 times. This is the 27th time that the day repeated.

As if the universe wants to prevent something from happening.

Or the universe wants him to...

"Hey! I said do something!"

Right.

He stood up and bring out a hairpin before walking towards the door. She hurriedly stood up behind him. When the door opened, she's the first one to come out and quickly strode away from him.

"You should've done that earlier!" She mumbled while walking away.

"Ichinose..."

Akari stopped walking when he called her and looked back. "What?"

Kaji smiled. "You know I don't really hate you, right?"

She froze on her spot.

He looked at his wristwatch and sighed when he saw it working again. He shoved his hands on his pocket and looked at her again. "Just in case... You can come running, okay? I'll be just at the train station to wait for the last trip. Bye."

He knew that the bastard will reject her for sure. She would want someone to comfort her after that and even being rivals to each other have nothing to do when he cared so much.

Akari, still frozen from her spot watches as Kaji walked away. When he's out of her sight, her legs gave out and dropped on the floor, face turning crimson. She clutched her chest and breath deeply.

That... that jerk!

Her heart had been restless since they were locked up and God knows how many times they've been in there!

She already knew the exact gesture of him - even the number of chuckles and how he will shake his head.

But those words from him... it's new. He was supposed to just let her run away---!

This 27th time... the day had been repeating and the time stopped working until now. At first, she freaked out. Magaling at mahilig s'ya sa Physics - alam n'yang imposible itong mangyari. Ilang kurot na rin ang ginawa n'ya sa sarili sa pag aakalang panaginip lang ito.

Pero ito...

She looked up at the window and stared at the orange sky.

As if the universe wants something to happen.

Or the universe wants her to...

"Just in case... You can come running, okay? I'll be just at the train station to wait for the last trip. Bye."

She let out a frustrated groan.

Truth is, she's not really going to confess to someone. She's was just acting the whole time! She's just trying to make him jealous and it's just her revenge for not telling what he really feels about her! If it wasn't for that dumb handwritten confession on his Physics notebook, she wouldn't know that he's in love with her too!

"Damn you, Kaji Matsuda!" She screamed and ran in his direction.

Even Physics can't get a hold of what the universe is doing, huh?