Pieces by watashiwarei

Pieces by watashiwarei, winner of Begin With the End contest.

"What the heck?"

"Pfft-! Anong kalokohan 'yan?"

"Uy, free hugs daw!"

A group of girls passed by as they continue to laugh their hearts out from what they are seeing. Oliver gripped the cardboard tightly with his thick-covered hands and sighed. Yeah, it's pretty dumb doing this but at least it's a good deed?

Marami na s'yang napapanood na ganito sa social media. Nagsuot ng mascot costume at tumambay sa kalasada para gawing yakapan ng mga taong may malulungkot na araw.

"Hey there, Mr. Bear. You know it's inappropriate to wear that costume on an island like this, right?"

Oh?

He waddled to his right to look at the person. The person got nasty eye bags right under his eyes and a bit swaying with a bottle of whiskey in his hand.

Tinungga n'ya ang bote at lumapit sa kanya. "Free hugs, diba? Yakap! Crush me with your big bear hug just like how she crushed my heart."

With a sob, the poor man hugged him like a child clinging to his mother. "I don't want to live anymore!" And cried his hearts out.

Oliver blinked and pat the man's back with his costumed hand.

See?

It wasn't so bad being dumb sometimes.

Dito sa isla kung saan nagbabakasyon ang mga sawi sa pag-ibig? Usong-uso naman ang mga tanga.

It's a breathtaking island that could capture anyone's heart. Ngunit dito, naglalahok ang tubig dagat at luha ng mga iniwan. Masarap man ang ihip ng hangin ay kalahok nito ang mga palahaw ng mga taong hindi pinili. Maganda man sa gabi ang campfire malapit sa dalampasigan ay kasama nito ang abo ng mga litratong pinunit at sinunog.

It wasn't named "Isla Luha" for nothing.

The man was soon out of his consciousness and his friends dragged him away. With a sigh, Oliver grabbed the cardboard sign and proceed to continue his whatabout. Hindi nagtagal, palubog na rin ang araw. Ito 'yung mga oras na maraming lasing at nagsisiiyakan sa tabing dagat kaya inayos n'yang mabuti ang costume na suot.

Hmm... but he's getting hungry. Better grab some snacks first....

Paalis na sana s'ya sa kanyang puwesto nang may lumapit na babae. She was eyeing the cardboard sign and looked at him up and down. When he recognized the woman, Oliver froze on his spot.

...eh?

"Ilang oras na lang bagong taon na at sa dami ng sawi dito, sure kang for free lang ang offer mong yakap? Sure kang ayaw mo ng extra income?"