Chapter 62: Last Goodbye?

Next Morning

Taehyung put on his black suit and tied his shoes as he got ready for his busy day ahead. After he put on his cufflinks, he looked back on the bed at Siyeon who was still in a deep peaceful sleep. He walked towards her, giving a peck on her head before he went out.

As he slowly shut the door closed, he went towards the elevator but stopped as a familiar voice called him.

"Get your breakfast first, Agent Kim Taehyung," Taehyung turned his head, and he saw the CEO having breakfast on the kitchen table. It seemed she was there for quite a while, seeing the half eaten pancake and an opened glass sugar container next to her cup of coffee. His eyes widened at the sight of other breakfast dishes on the table. So it seemed she was there more than a while.

"I-- It's okay, ma'am. I'm just gonna get coffee from the café." Taehyung tried to refuse her offer as he was not comfortable when the CEO herself made breakfast for an agent who was still in training.

"Alright then. You may go but don't call me if you can't find the café," Madam Yoona sipped her coffee daintily.

"What do you mean?" he asked her curiously.

"There's no café in the second department."

"Eh? Then, do agents there eat at all?"

Madam Yoona smiled, "We provide a kitchen."

"They have to cook for themselves?" Taehyung asked incredulously. Clearly agents would be too busy in their schedule to even cook.

Madam Yoona shook her head. "Not them, but there are chefs who will."

The second department used to have a cafeteria but after Madam Yoona had taken over NiTE, she observed that the second department's main loss in budget mostly came from the food waste from the café. That she found in understanding, as the staff seemed to throw away an excessive amount of food everyday.

To reduce the food waste, she created the "Kitchen" system as she hired around 250 new staff (200 chefs and 50 were in charge of delivery). Every Monday, when the agents came to work, they had to fill a form using 'Cre.Ate'; an application where they can list any dishes they wanted to be on the menu for the week. They can change the menu as well, except on the same day as preparations need to be made the day before. Additionally, the application could only be installed for the second department's agents only. Since the system had been introduced, the budget rate had slightly increased little by little.

There was still a bit food waste but it was a massive decrease than before. To make a change of that, Madam Yoona created a compound for the food waste to turn them into a fertilizer. And so every month, they are packaged and used for the flower garden in the building and offered to any nearby flower and garden shops as well; for free.

"How come we didn't know that..." said Taehyung.

"Then there will be a petition to do the same at the other building... Anyways, do you still want your breakfast or not?" she asked and instead of replying, Taehyung just went and sat at the table while Madam Yoona smiled and offered him a cup of coffee.

"Thank you," he said smiling.

Not long after, Jiu, Sua and Dami walked out of their rooms right after another.

"I smell breakfast!" Sua shouted but Jiu slapped her head from behind as she groaned in pain.

"Dude, Siyeon is still sleeping inside!" Jiu hissed and Madam Yoona turned to them, smiling in greeting.

"Morning, girls," she cheered.

"Good morning, Ma'am and Taehyung." The trio replied.

"Hi." Taehyung nodded at them and the girls went to the dining area and sat on the chairs. While Sua and Jiu grabbed the fried eggs, sausage and baked beans on the table, Dami tried to stand up to get the cereal that was closer to Taehyung and he quickly helped by passing the cereal box to her.