Chapter 58: Surrounded

Siyeon and Xiumin ran towards Yoohyeon's scream in a hurry. "Yoohyeon, where are you?!" Siyeon shouted.

"I'm over here!" They looked where her voice was coming from, and they saw a cliff. Glancing at each other in concern, they carefully climbed down seeing Yoohyeon and Jooheon looking around them anxiously. Reaching the bottom, Siyeon saw the cause of Yoohyeon's scream; dead bodies scattered around them. She and Xiumin approached them as they recognized the bodies; the gangsters' bodies.

"They were killed from a sharp weapon; like a knife or a dagger. Look." Jooheon pointed at the wound on one of the gangster's neck. "They must've got stabbed at the same place for a few times," he explained.

"D-Did Handong do this?" Xiumin asked.

"Somehow, I think she might've done it..." Yoohyeon muttered.

"We saw blood around the tree over there and look what we found." Siyeon took out something from her pocket and showed it to the rest.

"Handong's watch..." Yoohyeon recognized her friend's spy watch. Siyeon glanced at Xiumin's blanched face.

"Are you alright, Xiumin?" she asked.

"I-I'm....worried about her."

"So are we," Yoohyeon added.

"You girls know about her trauma, right?" As Xiumin asked the question, both girls looked at each other as they haven't got a clue about it.

"What trauma?" Siyeon turned back to Xiumin.

"You girls don't know? She's terrified of knives and daggers because she killed someone when she was seventeen years old!" The girls' eyes widened in shock not knowing what to say.

"W-we...."

"You girls really don't know? I thought you girls have been living together for years?" Before the argument got any worse, Jooheon tried to calm Xiumin down.

"Xiumin, it's not like that. They--" His words were cut off by Siyeon.

"Madam Yoona told us not to speak about our past to one another. She said it's classified. That's why we didn't-- couldn't ask or even know such a thing about it!" Siyeon finally spoke up. Xiumin shook his head at Siyeon's response. He turned around and went to one of the trees and lent his head against it.

"If it was classified, then why did she tell me about it..."

Siyeon went towards him as she patted his shoulder. "Not just her, I've also told Taehyung about my past," Xiumin heard what Siyeon said as he turned around.

"And so did I. I don't know why but it feels great when you open up and share your past with someone that you love." Yoohyeon confessed and Jooheon held her hand and smiled at her.

"I think Madam Yoona has been doing it for our own good but whatever it was that Handong did, we still accept her as our friend; our family," said Siyeon.

Yoohyeon nodded. "Not everyone has a good life so we can't judge them based on what they did to survive." Xiumin took a breath, finally remaining calm. He couldn't blame the girls for not knowing about his girlfriend's traumatic past, but he believed that they were already being very good friends for Handong.

"Then... on behalf of Handong, I want to say thank you for always being there for her," he praised them.

"You're very welcome but we have to find her quick. These dead bodies and her watch; I can sense she's around here somewhere. Let's go." Xiumin nodded and they all continued their search for Handong. Hoping that she was still alive.