Chapter 36: Brave

Hyuk pounced at Yoohyeon like a lion making its kill, gripping his knuckle knife in his right hand ready to plunge the weapon in her skull. Just in time, she sidestepped and narrowly avoided the sharp metal. Her heartbeat sped up at the sudden attack, as she wasn't prepared for his rapid movement.

"And you call yourself an agent? Tsk tsk and I wonder how the rest of your 'elite' team copes."

"Don't you ever underestimate me as a woman," she gasped. She manoeuvred her body and got ready for his next attack.

He smirked and lunged at her again, aiming for her throat. As he swung the knife, she managed to evade it. Thinking she did it successfully, until she felt a slight stinging on her left cheek and blood started to trickle to her chin. She wiped the blood distractedly, and Hyuk immediately used the few seconds to appear in front of her as he swung leg upwards, although Yoohyeon used her hands to block in the nick of time.

"It would be f*cking easy to kill you if you just stay still! You're still scared, aren't you?"

"I'm not f*cking scared of you!" Yoohyeon shouted at him.

Hyuk didn't have time to play around. He had to kill her quickly and get out of the hotel before any of her backup arrive. He proceeded to give blow after blow and Yoohyeon avoided and blocked each of his attack. Everything seemed to be going well till she miscalculated and almost fell into the pool behind. She turned back to her attacker, her senses on overdrive as she realized how much trouble she was in. Either she fought back bare handed, risking other parts of her body to be deeply cut, or fall in the pool which wouldn't be bad except it was more than 2 meters deep.

Hyuk snickered, seeing her dilemma. "Still can't swim eh Yoohyeon? Just like old times; Well goodbye, my ex-girlfriend." He used his knuckle knife and aimed at her heart. A few paces before he reached her, Yoohyeon swung her hand in front, spraying his eyes with a bottle of pepper spray she took out from her back pocket. Hyuk bent down, groaning in pain as he couldn't open his eyes.

"This is just a warm up." Yoohyeon finally took out her weapon, silver brass knuckles that fitted in her right hand. She swung up high and forcefully hit his face, sending his body spinning and falling to the ground, his weapon thrown away in the process. Hyuk gritted his teeth as the pain felt worse than his eyes as he spit blood from his mouth.

He struggled to get up but Yoohyeon didn't give him a chance to recover as she kicked his body further away, landing him near the pool. Blindly feeling around, Hyuk quickly washed his eyes with the pool water to wash off the pepper spray. He barely just opened his eyes to slits, his eyes weren't fully pain-free.

"Tch. Not bad. Looks like being an agent got you a backbone," spoke Hyuk. He got up, touching his throbbing jaw as he eyed her with murderous eyes.

"I told you. Don't underestimate me," Yoohyeon gripped her brass knuckle tighter, and this time she lunged at him.

______________

Meanwhile.

Jooheon was still trying to find Yoohyeon. He looked at reception and the bar at ground floor but still he couldn't see her anywhere. His phone buzzing stopped him in his tracks. Looking at the screen, an incoming call from Madam Yoona was showing. He quickly pressed receive while continuing to walk towards the hotel's kitchens.

Jooheon: Hello Madam.

Madam Yoona: Jooheon, I got an info from the staff here that Yoohyeon might be at the pool and Sanghyuk was later seen, assumingly following her.

Jooheon: Who is Sanghyuk?

Madam Yoona: Her ex-boyfriend. Hurry! The squads and I will be there soon.