Chapter 55: Missing

The Next Day...

The sound of an alarm was ringing, lighting up that it was 6 o'clock in the morning.

It kept on ringing for a few minutes until it stopped at 6.05 a.m. The alarm started back up again and still the owner of the phone was unmoving. One would thought the person was dead if not for the rise and fall of her chest.

Taehyung strolled into the room and paused at the threshold, smiling. Siyeon still hadn't woken up, even as her phone was blaring next to her. Shaking his head, he went to the bedside table and turned the alarm off. He lowered to the bed slowly, his hand on her shoulder.

"Morning Angel. Time to get up," he spoke softly. No reaction came from Siyeon.

"Angel, get up or you'll be late for work," he spoke louder and Siyeon peeled her eyes open. She blinked a few times, getting her eyes to work.

"Good morning~" she turned at the sound of his voice, noting his small snicker right after. She eyed him, Taehyung smiled and she yawned, stretching. Done that, she stilled and her eyelids drooped.

"What time did you get home last night?" he asked her. Siyeon held up three fingers.

Taehyung tilted his head, worried. "You must be really tired. Why don't you take an off day today?" She shook her head at that. Taehyung nodded once, understanding to let her work. He got up from the bed and left the room, leaving his girlfriend still snuggled in the bed.

Five minutes of debate whether she should be taking an off day or getting up and face the day, Siyeon finally managed to turn sideways and planted her feet on the floor. Shaking off her sleepy state, she was about to stand up when Taehyung came back into the room with her breakfast; two slides of toast, baked beans, two sausages and a sunny side up with a cup of coffee.

"What are you doing?" Siyeon croaked, her voice still drowsy with sleep.

"Thought you might not wake up so I'm carrying breakfast to you," Taehyung placed the tray on the side table. Siyeon sighed.

Taehyung stilled. "W-what's wrong? Are you sick?"

Siyeon shook her head. "N-no, I'm j-just....I feel tired. That's all."

Taehyung sat on the bed beside her. "Why don't you just take today off? You can go tomorrow."

"I wish I could but even if I rest, I'm still stressed," she muttered.

Since Siyeon had to be the leader of her team, problem after problem always came to her. While some of her members were taken down by L, she had to be the backbone of the group and still lead them as a team. It was her job. Her responsibility.

"I know being the leader is hard Siyeon; you've been thinking about your friends and your mission at every waking hour. I see that you're worried especially for your friends but please think about yourself too, Siyeon. Don't push yourself too hard." Siyeon didn't say a word while listening, nodding along as Taehyung gave his advice. He went to hold her hand tightly, making Siyeon lift her head.

"Even though I'm still an agent in training... I will not let you face this alone. I'll help you and we will complete your mission together."

Taehyung's declaration made Siyeon remember exactly how Hongbin tried to do the same with her. Siyeon shook her head, not willing to remember her feelings of desperation when she lost someone she loved.

She gripped his hand that still held hers with both hands, as if the act alone was enough to hold him, to make him safe. "Don't, Taehyung. My mission is too dangerous and I am not going to lose you like I lost Hongbin," she begged him, eyes wide. He was conflicted, Taehyung felt it was his duty to help and protect her, further he promised. But he didn't want to lose her again after their one day break up.