Chapter 22: Solo

The Dreamcatcher didn't go to work as they had a day off after completing their mission the day before. They all had a laid-back and relaxing day or staying at home doing nothing at all. But not for Dami. She was putting her clothes on in all black hoodie and cap, ready to go out. She went to the front door and was about to step outside but Matthew stopped her.

"Dami, where are you going?" asked Matthew.

"Umm, I'm going to go to NiTE."

"I thought you have a day off?"

"Nah, it's not about work.. See ya later." She opened the door and walked out of the house and quietly closed the door.

"Strange... " Matthew mumbled.

--------------------

She was driving her car to where the ajumma told her about the alleyway the gangsters always went to beside the abandoned nightclub. She was supposed to investigate with Siyeon but due to her friend's injury, she didn't want Siyeon to get involved and further worsen her injury.

She parked her car in front of a restaurant closest to the abandoned nightclub so she can closely see and spot the gangsters if they were walking in and out of the narrow street. She noted the ajumma telling her that the gangsters would always be present by noon, so she had to wait until noon. Even if it will be boring as watching paint dry, she had to wait.

----------------

In the meantime...

As per routine, Jiu and Sua were at the gym as they always worked out together. They had to maintain their toned physique and stamina so they can be in top shape when working on cases. Currently on the treadmills, Jiu had a dead on focus, running on the machine without catching any break while Sua was walking casually holding her cellphone at her face. She was texting someone and chuckled a little at what the other person was saying.

"Yo, who're you texting?" asked Jiu.

"I think you know who it is."

"Don't tell me it's Jimin."

"Yep."

"When did you guys exchange numbers?"

"Yesterday. He asked for my number and I gave it to him."

"He's one year younger than you."

"Why did you sound like Dongie when you said that? Is it illegal if I fall in love with someone who's younger than me? Huh?"

Jiu rolled her eyes, "I didn't say it was illegal, I just said that he's younger than you. But, he looks pretty mature so I think he's fine for you."

"Of course he is. If he's not, how can he be a leader of his squad. Besides, we just started talking as friends and after that I will move to the next step," Sua winked. 

"Is he calling you 'noona?' "

"Nope. Maybe he doesn't know my age. But if he calls me 'noona' it will be a cutest thing ever," Sua was already dreaming about it.

"Okay Sua noona, now let's stop texting and focus on your work out."

"Why did you call me that? Are you a man or a woman?"

"I'm leader of the squad so, I'm like the father of the family. You're the mother and we have to take care of our four children."

"Not four, five children."

"Who did I miss?"

"Our baby Gahyeon. Don't you remember? We just had her not too long ago."

"Hold up. When did you give a birth and when did we plan to have our fifth child? We can't even control all of our four children, especially the third one and now you're saying we have five kids?" Jiu looked at Sua through the big mirror in front of them. Mock horror showing on her face.