Chapter 52: Mind Control

Matthew awoke from his unconsciousness as a grimace passed his lips. His head was pounding. Remembering briefly as he fell down hard on the ground when Dami pushed him. But the hard tiles weren't beneath him as he felt soft sheets between his fingers. "W-where am I?" he mumbled, trying to blink away his bleary vision.

"Matthew, you're awake." He heard a familiar voice beside him. He turned and saw a dark blob moving closer. His vision getting clearer each second as he focused on the woman in front of him.

"Jiu." She nodded. Matthew tried to get up but stopped as he suddenly felt pain on his back and some other parts of his body. He breathed heavily as he lied back down.

"You're injured, Matt. The doctor told you to take a rest," Jiu told him.

"Where's Dami?" he suddenly asked of his fiancée but Jiu didn't answer. Her lack of answer was enough to know that she was gone.

When no answer was coming, Matthew forced himself to get up from the bed. Needing an answer despite his body screaming at him to stay put. "I have to find her."

Jiu gripped his arm, stopping him. "No Matt, you don't have to--"

Matthew pulled his arm away from Jiu's grip. "I need to Jiu, she's- she'll die out there!" He couldn't reign in his temper as he raised his voice at her.

Realizing who he was screaming at, and a leader at that, he bowed down lightly to apologize. "I-I'm sorry..."

Jiu rested her hand on Matthew's shoulder empathically. They were all worried for Dami and her friends were out, taking care of Dami before it was too late. "The others are out now; doing all they can to save her. Don't worry too much about it."

"How can I not...." He turned away from Jiu and glared at the window, fighting back his tears.

"Kim Matthew, look at me." He turned back around and looked at Jiu.

"Yoobin's gonna be alright. Trust me. All we can do right now is pray for her, okay?" Matthew nodded and wiped his tears back.

Right, he could do that. He'd pray to all the deities out there that his girl was safe. That she would return uninjured was a bit much, as he knew her wounds wasn't completely healed. His eyes rested on Jiu's wheelchair, realizing Jiu's friend wasn't in the room. "Where's the girl that was with you?"

"Oh Gahyeon? I asked her to go home to rest. Don't want her to be here until everything's settled." He nodded and laid back on the bed.

"I have to go back to my room. Rest well, Matthew." No reply came from him except for an absent nod. Jiu looked at him in concern before she rolled her wheelchair to the door and exited the room.

After Jiu went back to her room, she went to the window, looking outside. She was worried. How could she not when part of being a leader was a big load of worry for her team and the missions. And their ongoing mission was on another level altogether. Being bedridden in the hospital wasn't helping as she couldn't do anything to ensure the mission was over and done with. She knew Siyeon was trying hard handling her part as the leader. Be that as it may, Jiu wasn't there to oil the gear to get them to function seamlessly.

"I've been resting far too long," she muttered as she used the ledge on the window to get up from the wheelchair.

"My team needs me."

__________________

Madam Yoona woke up from her restless sleep yawning as she did so. Looking at the clock on the wall; it showed 11 a.m., realizing that she napped only for an hour.

She huffed. "Hopeful thought that I'd sleep for more than an hour." Enough with her lack of sleep, she got up and went out of the bedroom. It was quiet in the house and the air seemed still too. Going to her bedroom which Siyeon and Taehyung had accidently used it last night, her suspicion was right as she saw an empty room and a made up bed.